Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wapen PT

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Wapen PT

Here's a thought I had while shooting the other day. Who did "Wapen PT?"

Anyone who remembers it, wasn't it the worst thing - man that used to bugger me up badly.

Does anyone still choose to do it of their own accord? I'm sure it'll actually help alot with stability.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Do you mean "Wapen PT" as in military "korrektiewe oefeninge" as in "OPV*K!" with rifles. Hated the silent killer...the "Ferrari" position with an R4. Man, that rifle got heavy fast. I hated that sh*t. Glad I never had the privilege of "winning" an ammo box on the firing range.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I loved to see Wapen PT in progress from the safety of the Signals truck

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[]!!. You just knew "Hier kom K@K" when you saw the Samil ambulance parked next to the parade ground. How many times you heard this......"Jy maak'it nie, gaan weer!"

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

"Hou daai donderse ding hoog, bliksems" - nou gaan weer dit was die verkeerde boom....

Ja well no fine.. how could I possibly forget...

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

hahaha.. fond memories! I remember what we use to do to the nuub 2liners. "Troep, sien jy die blaar aan daai boom, gaan haal hom!" Then he would see us a few hours later. After all he did not specify which tree. They could never handle it. Opfok never realy phased me as at that stage in my life I was pretty fit. After all I picked up 6kg in basics!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

never did Hard time,

but i did do 6 months at Voortrekker Hoogte,
    Being a qualified Paramedic i opted to do BATLS & BARTS, on Completion of Course i Went on and worked in Potgieterus under CO Cap. R Schoeman late of 32 BAT(he has passed on since) for 2 years, mainly on APPINGTON dam where we also reported to Cap. Giel Hendricks (think he was from 7SAI but was in the SAPD then and spent another 1 and1/2 years at 1 MIL in Voortrekker hoogte under Lt. Col G. Hide from 6med-ops,

Daai ooms het nie kak gevat nie,

"JULLE GAAN KAKA TROEPE"

En ons het

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Traai die 'Ferrari' met n G3 of R1. 'Effens' swaarder.
    Their favorite Opv*&%^k for us was sandbags. It was so regular that we even had our own sandbags. Then one day they figured out that some of us had filled the sandbag up with grass..
    Ons het ge 'akkies' wat ons nie ge eet het nie.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hahahahah,

I Thought that might bring back fond memories! Seriously though I'm going to try it a bit with the far lighter s410, I'll let you all know if it improves my stability and shooting.

Stop laughing.

Seriously - we did "Wapen PT" for about 4 weeks before they even let us fire a single round through the R4. We were convinced we could "throw an oke dead at 50m with the rifle" such was the conditioning from all the "lig hom hoog!" "draai hom" "linker hand, reguit"! Good times...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Opv*k rondv*k afk*k en vasbyt

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We're still doing it in the Army - but you have ask politely if the troop was willing to carry his own rifle(without magazine) the 100 or so before he get tired and you have to carry it for him.

Those days of Tokkeltou, ammo case , in my case bridge parts , kept you rater busy for a day when the cpl's were in base and no officers around!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ek is nou te jonk om te weet waarvan julle praat! Lig my ook in asb

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

HI HIER BY WONDERBOOM SKOOL IS DAAR NOG SO IETS MAAR DAREM NIE SO ERG NIE.GUN PT IS NET OM DIE SPIERE TE REK. AS JY IETS SOOS N WILDEVY ROND GOOI GAAN JY HEK TOE EN JY MOET N BLAAR VAN DIE BOOM SAAM BRING.DIT HELP VIR DISSIPLINE. EN RESPEK VIR N WAPEN.
    SO DIT HELP ALTYD.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ek het baie respek vir my MPR! Het so 2 keer bietjie probleme gegee in kompitisies maar danksy die mense daar by Air Arms is my geweer nou beter as wat dit ooit was. Lyk my hy het net 'n diens gekort! Ek love my MPR!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

PANZER BUS- thats what you got for being negligent with your rifle in our camp. opvok with 3 linked tank tracks and i dont mean the road ones. and unfortunately i road that bus twice, forgetting to lock your kas in a hurry to "tree aan" will cost you blood. your blood. the rest of the time i spent being the mechanic of the bus as i was the "opvok medic", picking up the pieces and taping them back together again. why the smiley, because at the end of the day i would do it all again.