Thread: BSA 6-24X50

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default BSA 6-24X50

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE BSA 6-24X50 FOR MY FX T12 OR IS THE BACKUP ON BSA SCOPES THE SAME AS ON THE GUNS. ONE CAN GET THEM FOR A GOOD PRICE.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

There's BSA support in SA?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

IS IT THAT BAD???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No, problem is the importer (Sharpedge, innit?) doesn't understand the concept of real support. Sure, when you buy they SAY they do service/maintenance, but once you get a problem, it's lip-service. I've yet to hear of a happy SA BSA support story.

I think Farmer can "enlighten" you of the fun-'n-games he's had.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

It's a good scope. BSA rifles and optics are not being imported by the same company. I had a BSA scope that was shattered by a Lightning XL. It was replaced without any question.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    It's a good scope. BSA rifles and optics are not being imported by the same company. I had a BSA scope that was shattered by a Lightning XL. It was replaced without any question.
    Who replaced the scope?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I spoke to a guy called Barry at CDT (Sharp Edge), supposedly the technical dude. Sent me replacement seals overnight no problem. Was very willing to discuss possible solutions. His number is 0824477488. It's the only time I have had to deal with them so can't vouch for their service generally.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

IT SOUNDS LIKE THE SCOPES AND THE RIFLES ARE NOT IMPORTED BY THE SAME PEOPLE IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECT???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I've yet to hear of a happy SA BSA support story.
    I stand corrected.

I myself have one their low end 3-9x32 "Essential" scopes. Found clarity/FOV better than Nikko in same range. Nice little hunter. Haven't had any probs yet (on PCP).

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I have to aggree.. the clarity on the essensial (note the spelling) is admn good for the price.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Ronden is the BSA Optics agent. Never had problems with their service before... so far it was very good.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a BSA Lighting XL (FAC)..............didn't know any better at the time not to go the FAC route. Anyhow, I have a BSA Panther 4.5 - 10 x 44 on my rifle, the reticle ring came lose inside the scope, took it back to Sharpedge and suggested a replacement but with a Nikko 4 - 12 x 42 Airking and a week or so later the scope was ready for collection, not too much fussing at all really. Would have been nice to have someone with the correct level of expertise put the correct\suitable scope on the rifle from day one but unfortunately that was not the case.

Thanks to the guys on this forum I managed to arm myself with the necessary info to go in there with confidence and challenge the matter with facts, and I now have a lovely Nikko on my rifle and I must say, even the sound of the gun upon firing it has changed, a much more solid sound and feels different, only a few shots at this stage but I can feel the difference immediately.