Thread: Zululand Airgun Club - Junior Section

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Zululand Airgun Club - Junior Section

Have just had an awesome meeting with the juniors at the school. Numbers are growing with every meet. Am having to schedule groups to practice on different days to fit them in.

Pretty soon we are going to have an awesome team. Some really promising talent.

Am looking for other schools to shoot 3p and FT comps with for practice. I only know about Wonderboom at the moment.

Please let me know about any other junior squads out there, particularly FT. Want to start planning some tours.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Bump

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

At the moment there is only wonderboom. Johanjan is busy starting another school so lets hold thumbs

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Had another great practice yesterday. Another two chaps joined us for the first time. Started off shooting groups to check hold and scopes etc. One of the new chaps saw that his first shot was off centre by about 20mm(slightly down and right), did not know what I meant by groups and promptly compensated for the rest of the ten shots and put 9 pellets slap bang on 9 different crosses on the target. When you see stuff like that coaching becomes fun.
    Am really starting looking forward to this years competition.
    Last edited by tomcat; 13-06-08 at 08:36.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good for you TIM, sounds like you are starting to win.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Good for you TIM, sounds like you are starting to win.
    Thanks for the encouragement Andrew. Look forward to bringing a team to Cape Town in the not too distant future.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

Hi Tomcat, I'm impressed with the progress you've made in such a short time.

Keep up the good work - we can do with a few more people like you to promote our sport

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Deon View Post
    Hi Tomcat, I'm impressed with the progress you've made in such a short time.

Keep up the good work - we can do with a few more people like you to promote our sport
    Appreciate all the help you guys gave me in JHB at Nationals. Learnt a lot and have been able to use it in training down here. It is paying off big time.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Deon,
    Good to see you are still around.
    Some guys do things to help others and because they enjoy being around other shots. Some only want the glory, others only want to enrich themselves and yet others want to promote their own believes and force it down the rest's throats. Tim likes to help the kids because he gets joy out of it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

watching tim and speaking to him is like watching a kid in a candy store. good stuff keep it up but dont burn yourself out

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

HGS, your concern is touching.
    Not to worry, I plan to be around for some time yet...you better start practising...
    I am enthusiastic about everything I do, otherwise why bother. Thing is I never realised how much I missed shooting. Got into other sports for a while but shooting has always been in my blood.
    Teaching is also something I have always enjoyed, so the two are working well for me now, and it has a positive spin off. You only really know if you understand something when you try and teach it to someone else, and in the process you get to learn from others too, if you are open minded and not dogmatic.
    Am off to a meeting with the local SA Hunters Club with some kit to do a demo. Hope to encourage a few more into the sport....