Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best HFT scope?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Best HFT scope?

Nikko Stirling Airking 4-12x 42 or Nikko Stirling 4-16x 44 Nighteater?

Protea FT Team '09/'10

User Info Menu

Shamen, I have not really had much experience with other scopes, but I personally don't think you'll go wrong with a Nikko Stirling.
    I shot with a 2-7 x maybe 40mm scope, no milldots even on my previous springer only problem - past 30-35m i could not see target too well but was still taking out targets. 4-12 should def be much better - I speak under correction but for HFT you max mag is 12 times anyway. Only advantage with nighteater is that you'll have a sharper image especially in lower lighting conditions.
    my .50c

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Leapers 3-12X44 30mm scope...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Between those scopes I would choose the Airking, if it is a mildot scope.

The Leapers is good, I have also read the Leupold MK4 10X40 is also good ....

Personally I would go for something like a 3-9X36, now that would be good. As with most things in life ... you get what you pay for.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

would you choose the Airking over the Leapers?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I would rather go for the Leapers, It just looks and feels like it is built better.

But I reckon the price on the Airking would be better.

Also might I suggest a 3-9X40 Leapers. I shot a whole season with a 6X32 and did very well with it, but I would say the Leapers 3-9X40 is an excellent choice.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

jip that Airking is below a k now. I would also go with the airking. the nighteater has mildots but they are extended.. ie: further appart. makes them more difficult to use. And on a springer definately the airking

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lets just end it its The MTC optic 3x12x44 Viper with SCB reticle. Dont believe me, ask a HFT/FT shooter in UK or just phone Lloyd@ airgunfanatix.co.za Nighteater and airking is joke same with the leapers. MTC is quality made in Japan not outsourced to the cheap ass chinese manufacturers

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I aggree but also costs 3 times as much. and the question was around AirK and N/E

Protea FT Team '09/'10

User Info Menu

I would say what rifle are you using the scope on? no good putting a rolls royce scope on a beetle rifle. JT, i always believe, rather wait, save up and buy the best that you can afford - that way you have no regrets. Maybe better scope now means you won't have to upgrade later???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sorry dude my bad didnt know you where comparing in that case id choose the airking pity it doesnt have a fixed mag would be all sort off awesome if it came in just 10x42

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post
    Sorry dude my bad didnt know you where comparing in that case id choose the airking pity it doesnt have a fixed mag would be all sort off awesome if it came in just 10x42
    Is your keyboard broken, or are you just missing the . key?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

yes Nikko Stirling should learn and bring out a 10x fixed scope for hft. the 12x44 N/E just doent work. It would be perfect if it had normal mildots in..

I aggree curt.. But there is nothing wrong with my cfx/ airking combo ask the TX200 owners Perfect for the money and I wont loose if I were to flog it. I believe dont overkill on your scope if you buy a cheap rifle. Yes if you have a TX200 get a viper for hft but we dont know what he has. if it is a springer it is the BAM 40 right? and an airking would be perfect there..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jeeze so now your an english grammar moderator too ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My motto (after a few mistakes) - Buy the best scope you can afford, you WILL upgrade the rifle sooner or later.