Thread: Crosman RepeatAir 1077 with Gmac powerlet eliminator | Review

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Crosman RepeatAir 1077 with Gmac powerlet eliminator | Review

Crosman RepeatAir 1077

Crosman RepeatAir 1077

This is one of the few air rifles that I prefer the plastic composite stock. It has a much better shape
    with some grip panels in the pistol grip and forestock.
    I have looked at repeater air rifles in CO2 for some time but the use of Powerlet CO2 cartridges
    always put me off until I saw that Gmac Custom in the UK makes a Crosman 1077 adapter for fitting
    a paintball tank.

In the above photo you can see the original setup of powerlet and piercing rod vs the Gmac paintball
    adapter. The Gmac adapter is a high quality product of brass construction and still allows the use of the
    original setup.

I tried a Crosman red dot sight on the rifle but was not happy with its accuracy, so replaced it with
    a Gamo Compact 4x32AO scope, which surprised me with its quality of construction and clear optics.

The rifle was first tested with the powerlet setup :

The trigger requires a 6.8 lb pull as it rotates the magazine rotary clip and cocks the rifle (revolver style).
    This is an average trigger pull as measured by my DIY tigger pull gauge.
    So it takes some mastering to get good groups but is aided by the broad trigger blade, also the correct
    choice of pellets is important.
    The rifle handles well being light and the plastic composite stock has a nice solid feel to it. I did add
    some solid foam rubber between the stock and plastic butt pad to give some padding.
    The rotary clip , two being supplied with my rifle takes 12 pellets and this is fitted into the magazine which is then
    inserted into the underside of the rifle.
    I found that Crosman Premier FT 7.9gn and Crosman Match 7.4gn pellets gave me the best results.

Using my Shooting Chrony with a warm 28C day I recorded the following using Crosman Match 7.4gn

565.0, 552.6, 540.4, 540.5, 534.2, 541.2

Max 565.0 Min 534.2 AV 545.7 ES 30.7 SD 11.26

Crosman Premier 7.9gn Max 571.2 Min 523.4 AV 545.2 ES 47.8 SD 16.85

The target was shot at 12m using Crosman Match - 12 shots, the last 6 after getting to grips with the
    trigger into a good size group.

So in summary this is a fun air rifle even in standard form and at close ranges can produce acceptable
    accuracy if you can master the tigger pull. The Powerlet CO2 cartridges are good for 36 shots after
    which the velocity drops off.

The Crosman 1077 was then tested with the Gmac powerlet eliminator fitted.
    The temperature was 24C and using a 9 oz paintball tank and a Tippmannn remote line
    the following results were measured using my Shooting Chrony
    Crosman Match 7.4gn

515.4, 516.2, 516.2, 518.9, 518.8, 515.8 ft/sec

Max 518.9 Min 515.4 AV 516.9 ES 3.54 SD 1.41

Crosman Premier 7.9gn

Max 513.3 Min 496.8 AV 507.4 ES 16.48 SD 6.32

In conclusion : I am very satisfied with the results obtained using the Gmac adapter as it gives
    much more consistent shot on shot results compared to the powerlet.
    Last edited by Mercury; 19-10-16 at 19:12.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is so awesome! I have the very same Crosman...are the constant air adapters available locally?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Outdoor Pitstop have a 12gm CO2conversion kit that can be used with mods to the Crosman 1077 stock. There are YouTube videos showing you how.
    to mod the 1077 for this sort of bulk tank adapter.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Great, I also have the same rifle, it's really fun shoot, I have seen this set up, in fact there are 2 of them, one like yours and 1 the the bottle attaches on the inlet rod L shaped, so the bottle is under the stock with no remote line. Great review, happy shooting
    Also what I have done on my is, I slide the barrel forward and removed the front sight and wrapped a bit of masking tape on the tip of the barrel and slide the front sight back on,
    that took the barrel slop away as the front sight doesn't really holds the barrel, that improved the accuracy a lot.
    Last edited by gfighter; 07-05-17 at 09:39.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ok so here are some fuzzy pics of the kit i got from outdoor pitstop
    i bought a 12oz tank but this is quite large (approx 600 shots apparently). I plan to build it into the stock when i make a new stock for it. a 9oz is more than adequate. even the smaller 4oz will work nicely.
    the kit is easy to install. the only mod being that you have to cut a hole in the plastic stock and another in the metal tube holding the 12g cylinder.
    you then just pop the adapter in and hook it up and off you go.
    so far so good. going to test it this weekend
    excuse the bad quality pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Outdoor Pitstop have a 12gm CO2conversion kit that can be used with mods to the Crosman 1077 stock. There are YouTube videos showing you how.
    to mod the 1077 for this sort of bulk tank adapter.

Last edited by speedfox_2002; 31-07-17 at 18:26.