Thread: First HFT League Shoot 2017 at AAC Sunday 29 Jan - The Alan Stewart Memorial Shoot

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default First HFT League Shoot 2017 at AAC Sunday 29 Jan - The Alan Stewart Memorial Shoot

Hi all

We have decided to name the first League shoot of the year in honour of Uncle Alan who was a stalwart of the sport and one of the pioneers of HFT in the Cape.

It will take place on Sunday 29th January 2017.

It would be really be greatly appreciated if anyone who has shot HFT in the past makes an effort to attend - even if you only do this one shoot for the year it would be so awesome to have as many of you present in order to honour the great Alan Decoy.
    Obviously anyone who would like to try out the sport is more than welcome to attend and shoot, there will be plenty of help and advice on the day.

The shoot will have a slightly different look.
    AAC's targets have been revamped in order to conform with international standards - nothing weird, just a better presentation.

The format is the same as usual, a challenging but fair 30 target course with perhaps a bit of wind thrown in for good measure.

Range fees for the day will be R70-00, irrespective of which club you belong to.
    This event is open to everyone, not just club members.

It would be great to have as much help and assistance as possible to set up the course, your assistance as always will be hugely appreciated.

Course setup: From 07:30

Sight in: 09h00 to 09h45
    Briefing: 09h45 pm
    Shoot starts: 10h00 sharp

Map url: https://goo.gl/maps/8GeZe
    Co-ordinates: -34.009754,18.497975

Last edited by AndyT; 18-01-17 at 20:53.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Looking forward to this shoot. Feels like ages since I have taken part in any form of competitive shooting.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks again folks for an excellent event.

Had tons of fun.

looking forward to the next shoot!

lekker

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks to the organizers and participants, a challenging course, thankfully the wind didn't complicate matters too much.

A fitting tribute to the late Uncle Alan.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thank you to all the organizers, we had loads of fun today. And thanks Andy for all the "revamped targets" they looked great. I think we are going to need loads of yellow paint to cover my hits. lol
    Here are some photos I managed to snap during the match.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you everyone for an awesome shoot. Great weather and a Challenging course. Bertus, thanks for the photo's.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks to all those that attended the shoot today, a great start to the season indeed !!!
    Certainly a fitting memorial to our dear friend who was taken from us late last year

Nice to see everyone again in good spirits - I did however notice that after all of the laughing and joking around it got really quiet during the shoot ...................

So without further ado here are the scores:

PCP
    Position Shooter Score Chrony
    1 Michael Olivier 59 719
    2 Gert Vrey 54 ????
    3 Dylan Woodbine 45 790
    4 Wynand Vervaard 44 776
    5 Jan F van Niekerk 43 703
    6 Berus Verwey 42 752
    7 Zelda Bothwell 40 812
    Springer
    1 Brett Bothwell 49 787
    2 Hendre Hulscher 48 738
    3 Andrew Taylor 47 758
    4 Peter Coop 46 831
    5 Eben Mouton 46 744
    6 Riaan Du Toit 41 757
    7 Charl Van Wyk 40 766
    8 Lejaun Eksteen 32 804
    U/13
    1 Hanco Vrey 46 798
    2 Stefan Mouton 42 744
    3 Kate Eksteen 35 804

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi Folks

I have been searching the web on different HFT forums regarding the gun breakage I had and can't find any rules stipulating if you are allowed or disalowed to continue shooting with another gun if you have gun failure on the course... I am not sure. I started with the springer until it broke, then switched to my son's PCP and subsequintly handed my score in in the "open" devision. The only recourse I could find is that you are allowed to shoot pcp or springer in the "open" devision... I can't t find any literature regarding gun failure.

ps my chrony results were 796...

Any experienced folks that can assist in this regard? What are the FT rules? I don't want to transgress any rules and will obide by any decision the committee makes regarding my score.

thanks to all the participants, fantastic to see new faces, Stefan as jnr in his first shoot dit exceptionally well, Dylon shooting u/17 kicking the seniors buts! Well shot chaps, also to Kate who beat her dad again with his own gun��.

ps: the UkHFT rules now allow windicators to be used in league shoots, this allows you to add a piece of string, feather etc not longer then 12" to your gun, still not allowed to make use of external windicators not attachd to gun...smoke or baby powder strictly forbidden.

See you all at the next shoot, I had serious fun despite my gun failure.

Gert

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

A challenging shoot indeed. Many thanks to the organizers and course builders. I'm looking forward to the next one!