Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Airgun Club

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Atlantic Airgun Club

Greetings all, Atlantic Airgun Club will be hosting it?s next shoot on Saturday 14 June and as always, all who are interested are welcome.

VENUE: Western Province Pistol Range ? cnr Plantation Rd and Bamboesvlei Rd Ottery just after Hillstar Traffic Dept on Muizenberg side.

DATE: Sat 14th June

COST: R35 per shooter

DISCIPLINE: FT/HFT

SIGHT IN RANGE OPENikko Stirling: 9am

SHOOT STARTS: 10am

CLASSES: PCP, SPRINGER, SCOPED or OPEN SIGHTS ( 12 foot pound rule applies to FT )

Looking forward to shooting with you
    Regards
    Andrew Barkley ? chairman AAC

ps: Any questions? Please call me on 084 5550012 or reply to this email with your questions!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

BTW, the reason for repeating this shoot venue is purely due to forecasts of more unpleasent weather.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

sweet.. should have my glass by then. will be interesting pitty I need to spend time with it 1st before I may know how to use it to it's fullest.. then again. Love to rtfm

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Preparing an excuse already I see!!!

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

lol! you know how it is May need to smuggle access from you for a friday afternoon session if that is how you are already going to start

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the shoot guys, I really enjoyed it. Although next time you can leave the wind at home.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Must say, nice shoot. wind past 35m was a luck draw though But I love my scope! Now I just need some time to set her up

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

AWESOME shoot...well done to GaryG aka Spiderman for becoming club Champion!

Thx guys!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Dankie vir die shoot, ouens. Dis was baie lekker en die wind was 'n lekker uitdaging.

Protea FT Team '10

User Info Menu

Default AAC Shoot Results - 14.06.2008

Hi Guys,

Shoot results for yesterdays shoot held at Wetton shooting range. Well done Arnold for the top score of the day (25/30), achieved in terrible shooting conditions. As JTK mentioned earlier, after 35m it was anyones guess what would happen......

Also, well done to little Christopher (6 years old), who scored a 52/60 in HFT in his very first shoot.....

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

hehe Who cannot be proud of a score like that! Sure it was off a bipod and with direction, but how sweet!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Sorry if I am critical but how can he get 52/60 and the top shot of the day FT only gets 25/30 ?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Allan, we allow the small kids to shoot off bipods as they cant hold the rifles. I told him where to aim for every target. He is pretty good at pulling the trigger Or are you suggesting that his score was cheated? That said, I know it was not cheating and it has made me realise. FT position is not everything. The lower to the ground you can get your pellet in wind the better. His score proves it as the muzzle of the gun is only about 6inches off the ground when he shot off the bipod.

I meen look at the position some of your top shots sit in. cross legged with the rifle resting on their leg. Am sure that is also lower to the ground which must help in wind?

and his score was as follow. He did not miss a single faceplate but failed to drop 8.
    Last edited by JTK; 16-06-08 at 11:22.

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

Excellent shooting. Give Christopher my congratulations. I hope that we will see him in top FT shooting one of these years!
    Last edited by JohanJan; 16-06-08 at 12:11.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Thanks Johan, as soon as he is able to hold the rifle I will start him on that course. He is unlike most kids his age. Very relaxed and able to concentrate through a shot and push the trigger with control (most times). I must digres though. The score is great for the conditions. Doubt anyone let alone he, can repeat that easily. But that does not take away from the fact that he is 6 and that I am very proud of him.