Thread: So I bought a bio-diesel plant..

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default So I bought a bio-diesel plant..

Completed my hands on training last week and now I just need a constant supply of used cooking oil.
    I've been asking around at my local cafe's but most of them have someone relieving them of the old oil already. Eish.
    Anybody knows someone who knows someone who's connected to someone sitting on a pool of old plant oil and not knowing where to go with it?

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Start eating more slap tjips!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sometimes when i think of writing i just imagine your comments then i shy away. Verbal Diarrhea straight LMAO

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I had the same problem... designed a really lekker blacksmith forge to run on waste oil thinking my gas money would be saved but every cafe, fast food and home run business had someone paying them for the stuff. Later found out one of my dads friends runs a business selling waste oil back to industry and at about the same as what gas costs.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi du Plessis View Post
    I had the same problem... designed a really lekker blacksmith forge to run on waste oil thinking my gas money would be saved but every cafe, fast food and home run business had someone paying them for the stuff. Later found out one of my dads friends runs a business selling waste oil back to industry and at about the same as what gas costs.

Rudi
    For a forge you can use waste engine oil, if your burner is built correctly it will burn the oil without smoke or smell. I used a similar setup for aluminium casting.
    Check out backyard metal casting and Artfully bodger on the web. Lots of info.
    Rgds.
    P.