Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kral Puncher Pitbull / BigMax

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Kral Puncher Pitbull / BigMax

Hi. Does anyone know where I can buy this Kral pcp air rifles plz?
    I see some guys mentioned a guy named Piet. Can you halp me plz and any reviews on them will be appreciated.

Regards

Administrator

User Info Menu

Both models are too new to have credible reviews yet.

Piet Propeller Airgun Purveyor
    Forum name: Piet Propeller | Bets de Necker
    Contact/s: Piet | Bets
    Address: Randburg
    Phone/s: +27117935235 | +2782255834
    Email:
    Services: Piet Prop Custom benchrest shooting tables.
    Agents for:
    Distributors of:
    Retailer of: JKHan Air Rifles | Snowpeak Air rifles | Kral Air Rifle
    NB: By appointment only. Business hours only.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Just picked up mine today. I will be doing some videos on this gun. Big max 5.5mm. I will give feedback on my experience and views regularly.

Kral Puncher Big Max

Got it from Edward Punter from pellet gun shop. Was the last one

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi Guys i work with oom Piet and Tannie Bets. Im situated in Pretoria and also sell Kral Arms pcp's you welcome to contact me on 0728680004

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What will the price be on one of these, please?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I like to know as well

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So put a scope on the Kral (4-25 x 56 FFP) and went to the shooting range on Saturday. Gun have good and bad points, so let's start with the short list first - - - -

Good points: Magazines work great and is 12 shot x2. Side lever action, great. Plenty of air capacity at 850cc.

Bad points (opportunities for improvement). Extras in box useless, plastic Picatinny rail for bipod, plastic bipod. Scope very, very basic. Nut fitting where bipod fix is loose, need to be fixed.

Scope mounts (20mm) do not fit on gun. No scope mounts work on this rail. Rail to wide. Had to use 11mm dovetail rail to mount scope. Scope rail not perfectly lined up with barrel. I had to shim the scope mounts to compensate.

On full power gun is not backyard friendly. Full power claim is 34 ft/lb. The gun do not reach that, but I will test with various pellets to confirm. On 25 m the grouping not to bad, but at 50m it opens quite a bit. Not acceptable. 18.13 great JSB.

They supply a female foster fitting to fill the gun, but it is not standard like I use on all my other guns. This is a bit of a neusance to me.

The gun was straight out of the box, just scoped and filled to 200bar.

My view straight out of the box, not a good buy. But saying that I believe the gun have great potential. Perfect project gun for a gunsmith like myself.

My plan for this gun moving forward....

Remove the barrel and clean properly. While it is out, crown barrel and make sure pellet entry is nice and smooth. I will also shorten the shroud and thread the barrel to except 1/2 UNF silencer. Will still use the shroud for pre-silencing with blowback. Test 2.

Empty gun and remove male fill probe. Machine to take normal female foster fitting. While gun is empty, remove whole hammer system and inspect. After looking at videos of other Krals, I suspect some Hammer bounce indicating that hammer, hammer spring and valve spring might not be in perfect balance. Depending on the weight I might design and build a new hammer. Will then optimise and balance the springs. If I can curb the possible hammer bounce the gun should be more effective on air usage and should quiet down.

Just my two cents worth and plan forward. I truly believe this gun can be great.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Some photos of the Kral.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

After cleaning the barrel a few times I tried to shoot a group at 25m.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So that is not good at all. A few shots group and then flyers all over. The trigger was very hard with a looonng first stage. The hammer spring is quite stiff and cause a jerk when you shoot. I also detected a lot of hammer bounce.

So here is the work I've done.

1. Took the blow back fitting off the front of the barrel and made my own version. Also made a new shroud. Shroud fit on blow back fitting that can take a 1/2 inch UNF silencer. With this setup and one of my silencers it is backyard friendly at 32 ft/lb.

2. I machined the valve housing a bit to make it fit better. Had O-ring damage shown in one of the photos. I had to do a bit of smoothing on the dropdown block where the valve body screw in. A hole in here was drilled to big and caused the cut in the O-ring. Sorted now.

3. Fitted a softer valve and hammer springs to balance the hammer system properly.

4. Fitted a hammer stopper/buffer.

5. Adjusted the trigger to fit my style.

6. I also had to replace a few O-ring, like on the gauge, etc.

Put everything together. I then tested it by shooting over the chrono at a target 5m off. I did a 20 shot string over the chrono from 170 bar to 150 bar on one bottle.

895, 903,897, 891, 899, 896, 891, 890, 890, 893, 884, 891, 889, 883, 882, 885, 884, 877, 875, 877. Hi 903. Lo 875. Av 888. Es 28.

Target of this string on photo below [Gun out of stock without rear bottle]

After this I fitted rear bottle and stock. Adjusted scope and did a 5 shot group at 25m. This gun is super now.

P.S. The barrel have a bit of a choke.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice tight little group that last one.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I was struggling with a air leak. Found it on the little copper tube connecting the bottles. Was due to bad soldering. Fixed that and no further leak. Now I can do shot count, etc.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not very reassuring that this much work would need to go into the gun to make it worthwhile