Thread: Silencers?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Silencers?

Ok.....so i have a silencer that makes my jkhan so quiet....breathing sounds loud...but....i shot 50 shots with and without it....and my shots with silencer did not group like the standard groups and no its not klipping at all. Anybody else experiencing this?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACK View Post
    Ok.....so i have a silencer that makes my jkhan so quiet....breathing sounds loud...but....i shot 50 shots with and without it....and my shots with silencer did not group like the standard groups and no its not klipping at all. Anybody else experiencing this?
    It doesn't need to clip to effect accuracy ..... if it get " close enough" it already start to effect accuracy.

There is only one rule for silencer's ...... center of center ..... and you will have no problems ...............

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wannebe View Post
    It doesn't need to clip to effect accuracy ..... if it get " close enough" it already start to effect accuracy.

There is only one rule for silencer's ...... center of center ..... and you will have no problems ...............

AND

I have seen silencers improving accuracy and others worsening it, even when pellet comes out center ....... but if you change the speed slightly up or down all is " good" again ...... must be barrel harmonics .............

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah...my jkhan 400 is pretty loud fully shrouded and i had a custom silencer made that makes it dead quiet butbi had clipping problems....i had to makr the exit 1.5mm bigger. But i can see a grouping f - up even at 15m. So im sure its the silencer. At 15 m without silencer it looks like one single pellet sized hole with 7 shots. But with silencers it goes dancing a little. So what...aybe make the exit hole a bit bigger?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

You need to get the silencer and barrel together on a lathe and fit it "properly" ............ as a start.

Then you can start to look for other issues .... if there are still accuracy problems.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That could be also the turbulence caused by the design of the silencer , Jkhan uses direct air system, very strong blast might hit the baffles and causing the turbulence and affect the pellets, and if the silencer has a damping sound material make sure the the material and tube/curlers that holds it is straight with the barrel if not that will cause the distort of the air flow and will cause imbalance of the pellets too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gfighter View Post
    That could be also the turbulence caused by the design of the silencer , Jkhan uses direct air system, very strong blast might hit the baffles and causing the turbulence and affect the pellets, and if the silencer has a damping sound material make sure the the material and tube/curlers that holds it is straight with the barrel if not that will cause the distort of the air flow and will cause imbalance of the pellets too.

Thats exactly what ive been thinking. The airflow through the silencer causing pellets to do freaky stuff

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That's why I don't like very much silencers with hair curlers and damping materials, as they can deform and tilt the curlers/tube the holds the materials and can cause instability, I do prefer just chambers with the washers, as long as the holes are aligned and the washers fit in snugly and tight and diameter of the tube is sufficient to give a good air volume and air expansion, works like a charm for me.
    All my silencers are just spacers and washers with a 7mm holes, including the exit hole.
    Last edited by gfighter; 12-06-17 at 09:30.