Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing waters on Silhouette spinners

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Default Testing waters on Silhouette spinners

Hi guys,

I am testing the waters here. As part of my reset targets I have also made a design for silhouette spinners of which I am waiting for my testrun. This will give you the ability to practice silhouette shooting without having to go pick up the targets. The idea is that they are the right size but mounted on 4 spinner feet. You can the go place them at the predetermained distances and pratice without having to reset them. They have been balanced with the appropriately sized counter weight at the bottom in the shape of a round disc which adds to the target shooting enjoyment. I am waiting on the reciept of my test batch and will test and post pictures, but costs looks to be about R250 for the set of 4.

Any interest in these?

Cheers
    JT

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ya id dig to try them. let me know when theyr done.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

There is a spinner available with one each of the silhouettes. They are not very popular in that I don't know who, what where or how to get them, so yours might take off. I have one and where ever I take it there is interest. It was a prize at one of the shoots.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I would not mind them if they were FT kill zone sizes and in a box that can take a miss.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Allan. they are silhoette size. exactly. The idea is to use them to practice sihouette shooting and not to do FT as you can use the resetable targets for that. Also you would get 4 targets in the package. One of each the animals at their correct sizes.

MRP

User Info Menu

Hi Jtk

I will take one just after pay day.Love to try it.
    Let me know when they arrive.

Thanks

Devan

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Will do Devan

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Post us some photos when possible.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

will do DSF. Will assemble and post when they are finished. Should be later this week.

Thanks
    JT

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan, these targets that JTK is making will help you in your kneeling and standing shots. They do not need to be FT targets.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi JT, two weeks ago I made these targets in my back yard for playing around. It is based on a target I saw on the internet called the ?Birchwood Casey Gallery Airgun Resetting Target?. They are great. You shoot the bottom four fist and as you shoot them they flip over so you can?t see them, then you shoot the top one and the bottom ones reset automatically. Works great. It is difficult to see in the original small picture on the internet how the mechanism works but I figured it out and copied it (more or less). I think you can change the round bulls eye to silhouette animal figures that are the size that you guise shoot your competitions with. It is great for practising.
    My attempt is very rough but it was a prototype. It will be much neater if the target with its hanger is cut with a laser cutter. I made my hangers with flat bar and the target part from bigger flat bar that I shaped with an emery wheel. Maybe if the guise are interested you can manufacture these as well. Just a thought. Cor

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Yes, I can make those as well. The benifit of the silhouettes are that they are 4 different targets that you are able to place at the 4 distances you need to shoot silhouette at where as these are for plinking at which ever distance. Size and distance of the target are less imprtant. I will however work on this design and making some as well. Thanks Cor.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Chop-chop, the market is waiting!!!!!!!

Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Pal, dit is die "resetable targets" wat ons van praat in een van die ander posts op die site. Ek vra R220 vir hulle soos wat jy hulle gesien het saterdag. Moet ek vir jou een of twee uithou?

Groete,
    JT