Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan AT44-10

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan AT44-10

Hi all, any advice on how good the hatsan at44-10 is and up what ranges is it accurate and effective ?. I am looking for something between 5k-7k price range. Thx

Administrator

User Info Menu

Others might rush to recommend much more expensive airguns but the AT44 is decent platform at second hand prices. It responds well to a good tune is generally accurate enough for most applications. There are dozens of tune/mod/upgrade threads on this forum pertaining to the AT44 which you will find using the search bar on the top of the page.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Loved mine. Pretty easy to tune yourself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, coming into this as a newby (studying previous threads and using you tube reviews etc to mend this) makes buying decisions hesitant as I don't want to mess up what I have available on budget. Advise is very welcome and appreciated.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I had one for a while as well, it was detuned slightly as they run a bit hot out the box at 1000fps. Mine ran around 860fps iirc. Very accurate, shot my first ever 5 shot "one hole group" with it at 25m. Also pretty robust guns. Definitely very underrated amongst some of the more expensive hardware out there.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
    Thanks guys, coming into this as a newby (studying previous threads and using you tube reviews etc to mend this) makes buying decisions hesitant as I don't want to mess up what I have available on budget. Advise is very welcome and appreciated.
    Come up to the berg (Winterton) when you get a chance, my mate Frikkie has a Hatsan, one of his mates has a CZ200 and I have a LGU.
    You are welcome to come shoot what we have, have a couple dops and a braai.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Others might rush to recommend much more expensive airguns but the AT44 is decent platform at second hand prices. It responds well to a good tune is generally accurate enough for most applications. There are dozens of tune/mod/upgrade threads on this forum pertaining to the AT44 which you will find using the search bar on the top of the page.
    +1

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I bought one more than a year ago. Mine was the At44-10 tactical. I love tinkering..... so I tuned it myself down to 830 fps with 10.65gr H&N Barracudas. I realized that accuracy is in most cases up to the shooter and not the rifle alone. So at this point in time my rifle will only be as accurate as I can shoot it.

One of the biggest obstacles that I encountered was my expectation of the equipment I had. You will soon realize that certain things like groupings and accuracy at distance is just not possible using cheap equipment.

Also if you can share with us what your intended purpose is for the rifle I am sure a lot of guys here can give you recommendations regarding the right equipment for the right job. This will save you a lot of frustration and money especially if you are on a budget. I learned a lot from this forum !!!!!!A LOT!!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice and for the invite snowbeast I may just take you up on that. I bought a brand new AT44 - 10 for R6000 added a scope and at 25m already shooting groupings right where it should be. Very impressed with its accuracy and reasonable light weight. I am using Gamo TS22 pellets and the rifle seems happy with them. Need a silencer, very loud without. The pump nozzle breaks o-rings easily when the nozzle is removed, any suggestions to counter this besides keeping a bulk supply of them ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you try a heavy pellet like H&N Barracuda match 10.56 and also JSB exact heavy's at 13gr you will have much better results not that I am saying yours is bad. From experience I know that these rifles untuned run very hot and shoots extremely fast. @25m your groups will still be ok but it will open up considerably out to 50m and beyond. So use a heavier pellet to bring the fps down.

What I did about the o-ring issue on the pump is fitted a slightly tighter fitting o-ring to make the overall thickness of the o-ring once fitted just slightly smaller. Also I rotate the probe as I insert it into the cylinder and when I pull it out.
    Last edited by GateKeeper; 16-07-17 at 12:34.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My AT 44 likes H&N baracuda 10.56g or Cometa 10.34g pellets

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan AT44-10

Hi to all the less frustrated.

I have had the hatsan for 2 weeks now and have added a Nikko Stirling Gold scope. I started using Gamo T22 pellets and have 20-40 metre grouping, at 50 m they are in the kill zone, at 60 they more spaced out and at 70 totally hopeless. I tried using 18.3 gr JSB pellets and this got worse.

Should I change pellets, get a silencer (this rifle is flaming loud), a better scope or a better rifleman ?. Any advice welcome. Thx

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi wetfrog, did you detune yours and what is the max distance you find yourself shooting at ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi snowbeast how do you go about dropping the fps and how will I know I'm at the correct speed ?. Is it really necessary to down scale it ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Lumberjack, I gather that your at44 is a 5.5mm? Is it standard, did you buy new?