Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan Galatian 0.177

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan Galatian 0.177

Good evening ladies and gents.
    Just want to find out if the Hatsan Galatian 0.177 a good air rifle to go with or to stay away? I am still a newbie and looking for a decent rifle to start with.
    Please help a newbie out.

Thank you.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Good evening ladies and gents.
    Just want to find out if the Hatsan Galatian 0.177 a good air rifle to go with or to stay away? I am still a newbie and looking for a decent rifle to start with.
    Please help a newbie out.

Thank you.

I would advise you to go visit Oom Piet and get to shoot a couple of guns and get a "feel"
    for them.
    Then decide.
    Oom Piet and Tannie Bets are on the forum here.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome.

First off , don't be in a hurry to buy an air rifle , take your time to look at the many options that are available , they come in all price ranges.

Kuber's advice is good , take it.

Also don't be influenced by the "POWA" beastie , very , very few powerful air rifles are also accurate.

Then there is the choice of Springer versus PCP.

Have fun deciding.

Cheers.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Miles knows a bit about air rifles and Miles likes them Hatsan's REVIEW - HATSAN Galatian 14 Shot Air Gun - YouTube

Follow the advice of the good forum peeps and take your time looking feeling before you buy and don't let your ears out to them 'powa' mongers, a gazillion feet per second air rifle is useless if it can't put pullets where you want them..

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Lol, Miles=Giles

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Lol, Miles=Giles
    Ja my bad, better not let Miles I mean Giles see this!

Marksman

User Info Menu

So i ended up buying myself a JKHan Grandeur 5.5mm. Any comments or critics welcome on the quality and make of the rifle.

JKHan Grandeur

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

My detuned Noblesse bullpup was awesome - no reason why the grandeur wouldn't be the same they do tend to be hot as hell out of the box though!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Have not went and shoot a couple of pellets yet. Will be going to the shooting range in centurion and shoot some tomorrow. But i must admit it is a good looking rifle and i like the 10 shot magazine. The lady mentioned that they are quite powerfull. She recommended that i use the 33grain pellets.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Mine was set to shoot 18grain JSB's at 850fps. Gave many more shots per fill, was consistent and a laser gun hopefully you can get a chrono to test yours, but heavy pellets to knock the velocity down are not automatically gonna make it accurate with them unfortunately - if it's spraying those despite an apparently good velocity, don't assume there is something wrong with the barrel odds are, like many guns, it just doesn't like those monster pellets.
    If that's the case, get Kevin or Nick or Jaco etc to give it some TLC and you'll be amazed at the very different, epic gun you get back

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice Macros. She also gave me some 18.13grain pellets as well. So will try both of them tomorrow and see which ones gives me the best results and stick with those ones then. Still need to set the the scope in though.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Cool. Let us know how it goes. Will likely shoot those 18's too quick as is, but they're usually the best or close to it once the beast has been tamed a bit. Cheers!

Marksman

User Info Menu

My wife has one loves it we found it loves 28 grain eun gins not detuned had a problem with sear spring, safety gave trouble do not rely on it rifle is very accurate and very powerful 40 foot pounds and 80 shots +- enjoy

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    So i ended up buying myself a JKHan Grandeur 5.5mm. Any comments or critics welcome on the quality and make of the rifle.

JKHan Grandeur
    These things have awesome barrels, really accurate.
    I wuld get it to a good tuner to set it up correctly tho.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Kuberboef sorry for asking a dumb question, but when you say take it to tuner so that they can set it up properly. What do you mean by that and what does the tuners do to the rifle?