Thread: Gamo VE 3-9x40 WR scope zoom issues

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Gamo VE 3-9x40 WR scope zoom issues

Hi All,
    I recently purchased a Gamo CFX with a Gamo VE3-9x40WR scope secondhand. Very happy with the rifle and the subsequent money spent on a gas ram conversion and trigger tune. My problem is this; I was sighting the scope on Saturday, nearly full zoom at 25 m with a target from the forum(thanks for the pdf's) and got a decent grouping.

Today, I tried again at zero zoom, and the grouping was tight again, but about 200mm under target. Is this normal? Do I have to sight the scope every time I zoom in or out?

Any advice please?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hi All,
    I recently purchased a Gamo CFX with a Gamo VE3-9x40WR scope secondhand. Very happy with the rifle and the subsequent money spent on a gas ram conversion and trigger tune. My problem is this; I was sighting the scope on Saturday, nearly full zoom at 25 m with a target from the forum(thanks for the pdf's) and got a decent grouping.

Today, I tried again at zero zoom, and the grouping was tight again, but about 200mm under target. Is this normal? Do I have to sight the scope every time I zoom in or out?

Any advice please?

Did you try to set the "zoom" paralax back to full mag and shoot another group?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi K,
    I have not tried that yet, but I figured something out today. I bought the rifle second hand and I saw that the previous owner mounted a dovetail to dovetail adapter or type of spacer. I removed this and tried again. There is still a difference in point ot impact between zero and full magnification, but noticeably less. I don't know if I can get it better than this with the current scope.

Administrator

User Info Menu

A scope that consistently changes POI when magnifying/zooming is a broken scope.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I suspect the same. I'm currently looking out for something else. I enjoy the rifle and had the gas ram conversion done by Gamo SA. The scope kinda spoils the fun.

REP: VariTurn Air Rifle Inc.
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Springers are notorious for breaking scopes. When buying a scope make sure it is springer friendly before buying it. Also do your window shopping and the ask the members on this forum which scope is best on the Game you are shooting.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks. That poses the question. Which scope should I consider for my Gamo? I've had the gas ram conversion done.

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks. That poses the question. Which scope should I consider for my Gamo? I've had the gas ram conversion done.

Before you buy a scope. 1st chrono that rifle. Is it a high power ram? I seen springer rated scopes destroyed with gas rams too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks. Where can I chrony in the Pta/Jhb area?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks. Where can I chrony in the Pta/Jhb area?
    Over a weekend go to NC, there is allways a chrony standing around, otherwise come visit me in Roodepoort and we can play a little.
    No charge.

South African Airgun Club Directory ~ Air Rifle SA Forums - Page 2

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuberboef View Post
    Over a weekend go to NC, there is allways a chrony standing around, otherwise come visit me in Roodepoort and we can play a little.
    No charge.

South African Airgun Club Directory ~ Air Rifle SA Forums - Page 2

You just love these high power rifles neh

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaadk View Post
    You just love these high power rifles neh
    BWahahahahaah
    You got me there

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks. Will do.