Thread: GAMO Shadow 1000 GRT-4G Trigger

Cadet

User Info Menu

Default GAMO Shadow 1000 GRT-4G Trigger

Hey Guys...

I have a GAMO Shadow 1000 and looking to upgrade my Trigger... I see on many occasion where they say a GRT-4G / GRT III make the world difference. A friend of mine said to me that the VT-1 trigger is the same and is made proudly South Africa, but I would LOVE to see what a GRT type trigger can do...

Can anyone tell me where I can buy one?

Thanks Guys...

See the link...

Gamo Whisper Trigger replacement with Charlie da Tuna GRT-4G Trigger - YouTube

Administrator

User Info Menu

The VT-1 trigger was the brainchild of Ou Van but he is no longer in SA or active, MZE had his own design too but he has sadly passed. Robert Lerner aka Charlie Da Tuna has also passed and the guy running it now will not ship outside the USA.

You can ask one of our resident tuners to make you facsimile: GRT-4G Trigger ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Nyca sells upgrade triggers for Gamos

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have the local NYC upgrade on my Gamo CFR and it is worth the money. No need to look overseas. Its about R650 if I remember, including fitting. If you are not in JHB, courier is about R130 via Fastway in either direction. Give Nick a call. they are a friendly helpful bunch. It also might be worth doing a gas ram conversion whilst the gun is at their shop.

Sneak peak at the NYC Gamo replacement trigger ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

IS this a SAT trigger?
    If so I have one lying around

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Good day. Years ago I bought 2 GRT3 trigger blades from Charlie da Tuna when he still shipped internationally. I fitted one to a Gamo Whisper X which is still in frequent use. The other was intended for the restoration and improvement of a gamo Shadow 1000, but the project fell through. I still have one unused GRT3 blade and will sell it for a reasonable price. Please PM me if interested. If the rifle in question has a metal trigger blade and trigger block, the GRT3 will fit OK. If it's plastic you would need the GRT4 (or the Blizzard trigger blade kit, which is homegrown in SA). Basically you would end up with a lighter trigger pull weight and a more predictable release. Once you 'learn' the trigger it works very well.

MICK
    Last edited by mick1; 03-08-17 at 15:09.