User Info Menu

Default Artemis P15

Just got the P15
    Will try it out tomorrow
    Artemis P15

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Zirk

I also have one and I can assure you that you will be amazed with it.
    I believe one can not get any better for the price.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thats good news

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Naaaice man, enjoy it.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I bought my P15 last week and I am having problems getting consistent groups, even at sub-20 yards. Could it be gunk in the barrel (I have cleaned it, I think) or pellet incompatibility?
    On another point. The cups in the shroud can be replaced with: 25mm m6 washer- spacer-washer-spacer-end cap to make it quieter. I used some 25mm springs as the spacers. Much less 'sharp' report.
    I think that the magazines will be the Achilles heel on these.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well done Zirk looks handsome please share some groups with us. By the way did you pay for it I would like to get one.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have one also, bought from Rashaadk ( [NEWSFLASH] SPA / ARTEMIS P15 PCP Bullpup ~ Air Rifle SA Forums ), my is laser accurate with JSB's 15.89 @ 25m, muzzle repost is on the loud side but playing with the baffles as Carnavore said it will quiet it down a lots.
    The mags it's a bit funny, some slots are a bit smaller in diameter than others, so watch when ;loading the pellets, some won't sit properly and when rotating the lid can damage the skirts, just pay attention to that, also when you probe the pellets to the barrel, you will feel "stiff", just push all the way, if you re-cock it, will double load. I think with time it will worn off and be much more smoother. Awesome little rifle!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    I bought my P15 last week and I am having problems getting consistent groups, even at sub-20 yards. Could it be gunk in the barrel (I have cleaned it, I think) or pellet incompatibility?
    On another point. The cups in the shroud can be replaced with: 25mm m6 washer- spacer-washer-spacer-end cap to make it quieter. I used some 25mm springs as the spacers. Much less 'sharp' report.
    I think that the magazines will be the Achilles heel on these.
    i think your issue is the washers, I use on my 25.9mm OD with a 7mm center holes, I think the 25mm is on the narrower side as the shroud tube ID is 26mm, also 6mm holes on the 25mm washers is on the small size leaving only 0.5mm clearance for the pellets not to clip it. Try a washer with a 7mm holes and OD of 25.9/8.
    Edit: that if it is a 5.5mm
    If it is a 4.5mm a 6mm center hole is enough but use 25.9mm OD washers
    Last edited by gfighter; 01-08-17 at 12:25.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Also so excited. Bought this one for my boy. He turns 9 next week and i am on my way to biy a scuba tenk 232 bar 12 liter for R2800.00 at DiveTek in Randburg.
    Still need to buy a filling station. Bit don't know where.
    can anyone maybe help me?
    Artemis P15

Artemis P15

REP: LJ'S Air Rifles

User Info Menu

try the paintball shop or scuba shops they have for 550

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gfighter View Post
    i think your issue is the washers, I use on my 25.9mm OD with a 7mm center holes, I think the 25mm is on the narrower side as the shroud tube ID is 26mm, also 6mm holes on the 25mm washers is on the small size leaving only 0.5mm clearance for the pellets not to clip it. Try a washer with a 7mm holes and OD of 25.9/8.
    Edit: that if it is a 5.5mm
    If it is a 4.5mm a 6mm center hole is enough but use 25.9mm OD washers
    Thanks, good idea. Mine is a 4.5mm but I still eased the holes out by .5mm. I had to wrap the washers in gaffer-tape to get a shug fit and, frankly, there's very little change in accuracy so far. Interestingly the accuracy wnet haywire when I put the washers back in the wrong sequence. It was shooting 100mm to the left until I swapped the washers back. Weird!
    BTW I f anyone wants to use springs in the shroud look for ladies hair rollers again. You can buy some yellow ones which are 55(ish) mm wide and covered in mesh with a 'bottle brush' in the middle.
    This sort of thing

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    Thanks, good idea. Mine is a 4.5mm but I still eased the holes out by .5mm. I had to wrap the washers in gaffer-tape to get a shug fit and, frankly, there's very little change in accuracy so far. Interestingly the accuracy wnet haywire when I put the washers back in the wrong sequence. It was shooting 100mm to the left until I swapped the washers back. Weird!
    BTW I f anyone wants to use springs in the shroud look for ladies hair rollers again. You can buy some yellow ones which are 55(ish) mm wide and covered in mesh with a 'bottle brush' in the middle.
    This sort of thing

I don't use haircurlers or springs, I trimmed 28mm washers to the 25.9mm and use alu tubes as spacers trimmed to the same specs, also trimmed the inside of spacers to allow more volume, spacers with length of 2" and 1" and 1.5mm thickness, them played with them around till I found the right combo.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I see that the centering cone inside the shroud is moveable so it would be possible to move the shroud forward giving more space ahead of the cone for silencing materials. Of course, that would be at the expense of the vented rear section and would give a little extra length. If dampening the report is a problem you could just fit a 1/2inch UNF silencer. Not a perfect thread fit but good enough.

Artemis P15

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review on this Riffle was thinking of getting one, sorry what speed is the 15.89 traveling.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Shot mine a few times today, couldnt do much more, its raining in the Cape. Very happy so far. I agree that the mags are perhaps the weak point, but i found that by using something to seat the pellets deeper in the mag, it improves a lot. I didnt find it very loud but i will play arround with the baffles at some stage.