Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Artemis P15

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you are unsure of how to decompress the air cylinder you use an Allen key in the grub (set) screw at the rear of the cylinder. Turn it VERY slowly to release the air.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks Sawbones & Carnivore, The air has leaked out by itself so it should be ok to work on, but I will make 100 sure it is decompressed.
    I notice there is a little tube in the box that looks like a "plug spanner". It seems to fit around the pressure gauge. I assume that is then used to remove the
    end-cap?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Can the plenum be replaced easily ? Can you buy one or does the stock one have to be modified? Thanks

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohanG View Post
    Thanks Sawbones & Carnivore, The air has leaked out by itself so it should be ok to work on, but I will make 100 sure it is decompressed.
    I notice there is a little tube in the box that looks like a "plug spanner". It seems to fit around the pressure gauge. I assume that is then used to remove the
    end-cap?
    Really? That's interesting. We don't get one of those in the U.K. We get Allen keys, seals and a fill probe plus one mag (useless lump of plastic).

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohanG View Post
    end-cap?
    That "plug spanner" is to remove the gauge itself. The end cap with gauge attached can be loosened with a dowel or suchlike through the filling port

Marksman

User Info Menu

The end cap is actually so loose it can just be unscrewed by hand. There is just one o-ring holding it. And a small one on the filling valve screw. So I wiped the metal parts and o-rings, re-assembled and added some air and it seems ok so far. I only have 150 bar in my cilinder but wil leave it overnight and check it in the morning

Cadet

User Info Menu

yesterday i bought my p15 in iran , light gun really compare to my r10 or kral arms mega . its pretty loud so i have to make adapter ( 1/2 inch ) for silencer or build a new shroud for it with adapter . stock is easy to scratch on it so i decided to bundle it but i will make a new stock for it or maybe refinish it with better oil or even carbon looking finish .about accuracy , i got about (less than ) 20 mm in 45 meter , i will test it at 100 later and share the result with you ! the regulator must be tuned , i didn't know how to tune it so my gunsmith did it for me . also barrel has a little crowning problem that he fixed it for me . i cleaned barrel and entire mechanism from oil and then i polished it and used high quality silicon oil for suggested parts . also changed some O-ring cause default O-rings was not good . ( power adjustment : with fx 18 grain (made by jsb) i got 273 m/s so its 43 joules)
    (scope : hawke sidewinder 6.5 20 44 tactical . mount : 30mm Utg high mounts )

)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stony30 View Post
    Can the plenum be replaced easily ? Can you buy one or does the stock one have to be modified? Thanks

No one ? Anyone ??

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ok so I am going to sound stupid. What is a plenum? (Me Not english speaking)

REP: Froggy Custom Silencers

User Info Menu

Plenum it the pre chamber that holds the lower pressure regulated air.
    Ideally it should be 1cc per fpe required.
    The smaller the plenum is the higher the reg pressure must be set at.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Got some rabbit magnum pellets today and did some plinking with them.
    They penetrated 5 tin cans and whacked a stone with much force left. Also shot JSB monsters, 18.13g and 15.89g.
    Even the JSB 15.89g penetrated all the tins.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

An update:
    My P15 is now shooting to hunting accuracy out to 45 yards. I hit a golf ball 2 out of 3 times [and scared it with the 3rd] at that range with excellent power. How much power is a mystery as my chrono has quit on me but, when I last tested it, the P15 was making 11.1fpe, good enough for the task in hand. [EDIT: I managed to get the Combro working and the rifle is making 10.9fpe]. With the rabbit season ahead it's good to know that this handy little power-house will be out for long walks and will not wear me out from carrying it. The Delrin/POM silencer makes it so quiet I am now annoyed by the racket the hammer spring is making though it does prove that the rifle is working.
    That it is finally working as it should is a huge relief to me as I had been wondering whether I would be selling it on or getting a gunsmith to rebarrel it. H+N Sniper Medium are the pellet of choice though I will still try some heavier BisMags or JSB Heavys again as it has switched preference before. Hopefully it will become 'Polyplumbic' (to invent a word).

Has anyone found the need of a sling on theirs? If so, where have you mounted your studs or Picatinny rail? I'm currently trying a single point tactical sling but I'm always open to a better solution.
    Last edited by Carnivore; 30-03-18 at 19:16.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Glad to hear that. Great little guns.