Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Artemis P15

Marksman

User Info Menu

could you post pictures about you modification

Marksman

User Info Menu

There's nothing to show Titeuf007. A slight brightness at both ends of the barrel is all that's visible. I think that it was the thorough clearing of the bore that made the difference. I have cleaned it before with solvent but it may be that I didn't get all the 'gunk' out. The tar-like anti-rust agent that the Chinese use is notorious for being hard to remove and I may have been overconfident in the cleaning process I used. Now the rifle is showing some class and I'm shooting a selection of pellets to see what groups I can achieve. So far Sovereigns and Bis Mags are grouping best but with a POI 100mm apart.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Carnivore, have you checked the port on the barrel to see if there is any burr that could be damaging the pellets when you probe them in?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes, gfighter, I have looked closely and tested with a rod covered in fabric; there is no burr. Things are getting better since the polishing but I have had no opportunity for a 35 mtr test yet. Maybe today if the weather stays dry.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Another thing to check is the regulator consistency, I heard the the reg on these guns can be not so reliable, I haven't any problems yet with it.
    As you say, try all sort of pellets, sure you will find the one to perform well.

Marksman

User Info Menu

i think this problem appear for .25 calibers which seem not to be well tune for this calibers..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hallelujah! I finally got the time to try a variety of pellets through my P15. The result is that it doesn't like German H+N but is fond of Czech JSB varieties, most especially the Exact 4.52, Heavy 10.34 and Sovereign. Ten of any of these will fit into the hole in a CD (felt penned on cardboard) from 30 yards. The Sov.s and Exacts are on the same scope setting and the Heavies group a little to the right, about 10mm. There is light at the end of the Artemis tunnel. The report is muted to a 'pop' and it's almost time to take it out for a rabbit hunt.
    Last edited by Carnivore; 11-10-17 at 14:14.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Another step forward. I fitted high mounts so that I no longer feel like a SWAT team member hunching behind the rifle. With my head raised the Artemis fits into my shoulder instead of my collar bone and weld with the cheek piece is more natural.
    I really want to like this rifle but it has put up so many obstacles that I sometimes wonder if it's going to be worth the effort. I felt the same way about our dog when he misbehaved as a puppy so I guess I'll warm to this 'bullpuppy' in the end. It need only bring in a few rabbits now and then and we'll get on fine!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I am sure you will sort the issues with it, once you done, you will love this little puppy, it's an awesome little gun, very fun to shoot, it's my go to gun.
    Have you checked if the barrel is properly secure? And the pellets are not clipping the shroud internals?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes, Gfighter, thanks. I checked today with the shroud on and then off and that's when I shot myself in the thumb! Actually I just skimmed the pellet over my cuticle as I had my hand well forward and just in front of the barrel. That stopped the test and I had to walk my dog anyway. I'll re-check at the weekend.

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Just as a matter of interest and for those who have not seen the TULA daily twitter thread I will have available early next year baffles that screw into the end of the P15 shroud and work very well. Prototype been installed on Seadog's gun. He is so happy he won't give them back.....

The Daily Tula!! Twitter ~ Air Rifle SA Forums - Page 72

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Thanks Ck.....

Marksman

User Info Menu

My P15 is back in the hands of the makers as consistent grouping is just not happening. All around me shooters are having great sucess with this midget rifle and I know mine should be better. I believe it to be the barrel but I will take anything they offer as a fix. My sincere hope is that SMK don't simply wipe it over with a rag and hand it back with a big grin saying 'No problem to fix, it must be you' or similar. [I hear that they don't have the best rep for customer service.] I can shoot well enough with every other rifle I own so what's up?

PS
    I left the 'u' out of grouping then corrected it. Maybe I should have left it alone.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Been following this thread. keep us posted. Love the Bullpups

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

me too, my shoots very well, accurate and quiet with the short silencer and shroud internals that I made for it some time ago!! Hope they will sort it out for you as it is an awesome little pup.