Thread: Sus-Tac adjustable scope mounts

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Sus-Tac adjustable scope mounts

Anybody used Sus-tac AW/AWE adjustable scope mounts on an airgun? They look pretty good and being locally made is always a massive plus.

SPECIFICATIONS

• Scope Bore: 25mm, 30mm, 35mm
    • Adjustable Elevation: Yes, with 0', 10', 20', MOA Rings
    • Adjustable Windage: Yes, with 2 windage screws
    • Material of Construction: Carbon Steel (not aluminium)
    • Size (L x W): 50mm x 32mm
    • Weight: +-181g (0.47lb) (7.5oz)
    • Finish: Black

PRICING:

• AW: 25-30mm: R1482
    • AW: 34-35mm: R1995
    • AWE: 25-30mm: R1710
    • AWE: 34-35mm: R2223
    • E&OE

SUS-TAC ST-AWE Scope Mounts

SUS-TAC ST-AW Scope Mounts SUS-TAC ST-AWE Scope Mounts

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Wow, those things look fantastic. Seem a good deal more solid than any rings I've had the fortune of seeing. Decent price - right there with sportsmatch

Administrator

User Info Menu

Now if only we could convince airgun manufacturers to turf the 11mm Dovetail rail abomination in favour of Picatinny or at bare minimum, Weaver.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yep! My Vulcan has a weaver rail though. Tempting to get those fully adjustable ones for it...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Yep! My Vulcan has a weaver rail though. Tempting to get those fully adjustable ones for it...
    We eagerly wait your report....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Uhm, presuming the MOA adjustment aims to increase upwards elevation range, it should set the scope pointing downwards, not upwards...?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Just an example they used from what I can see. Odd choice, but no reason to think you can't just switch them around to get the scope pointing down

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, works similar to the Burris Sig Zee system, the bushings can be rotated 360

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Now I feel a little more confident in good ol' S.A. what a great product. Great build quality, good price and quite a bit of adjustment too. Now, if we can have them in all rail formats and maybe even a single piece mount model, although there won't be any windage adjustment on that one though. But still, way to go guys, a really nice product manufactured right here in S.A.!!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

So, in a moment of frustration I've gone and snapped one of the bolts off of the one piece sportsmatch picatinny mount I've been using on my Vulcan, after it loosened up on me for the umpteenth time...

So I guess it's time to give these a try!
    Will send feedback once I finally get them

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

So it's turned out to be a real pain to try and buy these rings.
    Sent messages via the channels on their contact us section asking for confirmation of price and giving my details for an invoice if so.
    Got a one liner reply 24 hours later replying that yes, the price is R1710, with R100 courier. No invoice. 3 days of emailing for one and I eventually lost interest, buying some Warne rings.
    Lo and behold, 4 hours later the invoice comes through with 0 MOA bushings. No question from the seller regarding what MOA I want. Because of course I want to buy elevation adjustable rings not to be able to adjust elevation...

Sigh. Not great service at all. Hopefully it's just due to high demand. Seems a good product. Definitely need to up their game on the customer service front though.
    Last edited by Macros; 09-09-17 at 10:09.

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17
    MOT: Steyr Sport Service South Africa

User Info Menu

I have the Burris Zee rings and they are windage and elevation adjustable with the inserts.
    work well and once locked in they have not moved since

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    So it's turned out to be a real pain to try and buy these rings.
    Sent messages via the channels on their contact us section asking for confirmation of price and giving my details for an invoice if so.
    Got a one liner reply 24 hours later replying that yes, the price is R1710, with R100 courier. No invoice. 3 days of emailing for one and I eventually lost interest, buying some Warne rings.
    Lo and behold, 4 hours later the invoice comes through with 0 MOA bushings. No question from the seller regarding what MOA I want. Because of course I want to buy elevation adjustable rings not to be able to adjust elevation...

Sigh. Not great service at all. Hopefully it's just due to high demand. Seems a good product. Definitely need to up their game on the customer service front though.

If you need dovetail rings, guy in your area just imported a set of sportsmatch adjustable mounts 30mm. I can pass you his number....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Total SS View Post
    I have the Burris Zee rings and they are windage and elevation adjustable with the inserts.
    work well and once locked in they have not moved since
    +1 Worked brilliantly for me too.

What a pity, it should not be so difficult to support local...