Thread: Zbroia Kozak 5.5mm BULLPUP | First impressions

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Zbroia Kozak 5.5mm BULLPUP | First impressions

Firstly I like to thank Rashaadk from Outdoor Pitstop for offer us, forum members for a nice discount on this rifle and for the excellent customer service provided. BIG THANK YOU Rashaadk!!

So here we go, after speaking to Rashaadk and asking a few questions about this rifle, I decided to get one. Went to PostNet to collect it, my first thoughts, wow, the box is long, so thought, maybe is the long rifle not the bullpup, got home and opened it, it was the bullpup, just the box was long.

First impression, WOW!!, very nice, it came in a grey hardwood stock, well finished, all the machine work looks very well done no scratches at all.
    The rifle is well lubricated (too much) as usual. The manometer showing 180bar filled, 2 10 shots mags, 1 fill probe, that's what you get.
    Ok set it up, the mags are made of alu and 2 o-rings to hold the pellets in place, so I started loading, I am very impressed with the way the mag is easy to load, I didn't have to seat the pellets in, they gone in with no effort at all and held very well in the mag, cocked the gun, I went WOW, WOW, this thing is smooth, load the mag in, closed the lever, IT'S REALLY SMOOTH!!, I can compare with the Pulsar, that's how smooth the mechanism is, no scratches feeling or resistance when probing the pellet to the barrel at all, off I went and shot, nice, I can feel the power (I don't have a chrony).

Now, mount a scope, zeroed @ 25m (only distance I have in my backyard) and did a 10 shot group

That is out of the box, no barrel cleaning, no power adjusted, no trigger adjust!!
    @ 25m a 4mm group with JSB'S 18.13gr, shot from a plastic rifle rest.

As you all can see on the photo above, I put a over the shroud silencer to tame a bit down, not that the rifle is very loud but I like really quiet, it made the rifle a bit longer thou, but I will work on something really nice for it.
    Well, to finalize, the rifle is well made, stock is really nice and solid, nice color, nice trigger out of the box, really, really nice cocking, loading and mag rotation, very nice to shoot!! And the accuracy @ 25mm, what can I say, the pic speaks for it. Still to be tried at a longer distances, of course but if shoots like that @ 25 sure it will not disappoint at a longer distance.

I took a gamble on this rifle, now I see that I don't and I won't regret it, beautiful and shoots very good and only can get better after a good barrel clean and other personal adjustments (not that is need it, is nice as it is!)

P.S. sorry about the pics, I don't own a high end cellphone or camera, I like GUNS

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Nice preliminary review. I was wondering how this would perform (saw some Eastern European guys shooting .177s on YouTube a while back - very accurate even at longer distances). Any word on shot count yet?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sithu View Post
    Nice preliminary review. I was wondering how this would perform (saw some Eastern European guys shooting .177s on YouTube a while back - very accurate even at longer distances). Any word on shot count yet?
    Not on shot count, but for what I can tell, it's a bit hungry air wise, I would reckon that can do around 50/60 shots from a 220 to 130/40 bar, and it's love the JSB's 18"s, tried the 15.89's, wasn't too bad but not as good as the 18's, 15's gave me about a 13/15mm group with a bit of wind, have to try on a nice day with not much CT wind. Very impressed with it!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Very nice. Saw an identical one at Rashaad. Looked really well made. Pity there were a few civilians in the store or if would have liked to test the cocking mech and trigger. The noise would have spooked the housewives though Not much pricier than the SPA's and Krals and so far looking a good bit better all round!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I also held one at Rashaad. They do seem very solid and well built. Some real nice first impressions. Thanks.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review GF, I just have 1 observation....you state a 4mm grouping of 10 shots at 25m from a 5.5mm pellet?? Are you sure you measured that correctly? Corner to corner? Cos the fist pic clearly shows at least 2 pellets width?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Great first impressions. Just be careful, people do not like 25m groups. LOL

Springer FT World Champion '09
    SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Thanks for the review GF, I just have 1 observation....you state a 4mm grouping of 10 shots at 25m from a 5.5mm pellet?? Are you sure you measured that correctly? Corner to corner? Cos the fist pic clearly shows at least 2 pellets width?

Perhaps he meant C2C?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    meant ctc, I know it's 5.5mm, also the paper target, but I assure you, it can stack pellets on pellets, still have to try at longer distances, as my "facility" is only 25m. Soon as I can get to the range, will post/update the thread, but so far really nice!
    Last edited by gfighter; 19-08-17 at 09:23.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Very nice. Saw an identical one at Rashaad. Looked really well made. Pity there were a few civilians in the store or if would have liked to test the cocking mech and trigger. The noise would have spooked the housewives though Not much pricier than the SPA's and Krals and so far looking a good bit better all round!
    That's right, price wise, noise, it's not so bad, I just like my guns very quiet! I have 2 Krals, and they are (for my lucky very accurate) awesome, accuracy wise, crap trigger thou, Zrobia out of the box, trigger good, cocking action and loading very smooth, then accuracy, that without any tuning and tweaking!!, Stock solid and well done, great value for money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    Perhaps he meant C2C?
    That' what I meant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palbirds View Post
    Great first impressions. Just be careful, people do not like 25m groups. LOL
    I know, only range at my house I have, for now. Sure it can do good at longer one!., Very happy with it!
    Last edited by gfighter; 19-08-17 at 09:30.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

This morning I decided to shoot the Kral for comparison, I know my Kral is laser accurate, so I stacked a 12 shot and got the same group as the Zbroia, now comparing both,
    The action on the Kral, very scratchy and thought of hard to cock as the hammer spring got a lots of tension and length of pull on the lever till engage the sear is longer
    The Zbroia, on other hand as you pull the lever there is absolute no tension till a short and smooth one when engage, +1 for Zbroia
    The trigger on the Kral, very hard and very scratchy, not good at all but I am used to it, so I don't mind at this point anymore. First stage that is catching somewhere and second lightly hard.
    The trigger on the Zbroia, smooth as margarine, first stage ultra light and second light pressure to fire but very predictable, to me no need of adjust, suits me. +1 for Zbroia
    The Kral"s mag, 12 shots, plastic, protrude out of the breech, have to rotate to load pellets, accept longer pellets
    The Zboia's mag, 10, alu, fits snugly in the breech, no rotation needed to load pellets, not sure if it will accept longer pellets as for what I can see, normal size pellets fill the slot (ran out of long to try). +1 for Zbroia for metal mag, easy to load and cycles flawlessly.
    The Kral comes with a single shot tray.
    The Zbroia don't. -1 for Zbroia.
    That's a very quickly comparison this morning, I am on my way for the weekend with the missus and no more time to go deeper and compare notes, also this is my opinion, others may vary, agree or disagree, I am lucky that all 2 of my Krals a very accurate out of the box and I know some had an accuracy problems with it.
    Will update some more by Monday when I will have more shooting time with both rifles, specially with the Zbroia.
    Oh, I almost forgot, the Kral have a plug where you can attach a bipod or a sling, the Zbroia doesn't and to drill a hole for it on the nice wood stock it's a bit of "eye sore".
    Last edited by gfighter; 19-08-17 at 10:08.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I think I bought the last one from Rashaadk

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

How do you find yours so far?, are you happy with it?

Marksman

User Info Menu

good review