Thread: Team Training

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Default Team Training

As quite a few of you will know.The SA team had their first bit of collective trigger time this weekend.

We discussed strategy and gave each other tips for a better team performance on the whole.

1 subject we did handle was diet .We focused on 1 member in general that clearly needs a bit of guidance

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

wtf is that?? looks like a pice of carbon?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Steak , just the way she likes it .Braaied to charcoal

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

no man.. that can not be edible

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Oh and they wanted to give me a new name. IDK .I quite like it. In Da Killzone

Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

Come now Allan, why don't you tell the guys what your REAL new nickname is?.... Why does "KT" ring a bell?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

KT = k#k trap

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Thanks to all who attended the very windy practise session at my plot. I think it did us all very good, to shoot together as a team, and not against one another for a change.

I read in the Irish FT rules that camo is prohibeted, so my old faithfull camo jacket must stay at home. I must now give one of my other jackets instant "houding". They also allow padding in the clothes, that we cannot do here.

I also see that on the standers, no reducers is allowed, and the furthest target is not allowed beyond 32m. That means only one thing. We expect all of us to try and get a full score on the standers. This is totally getable, if the wind does not blow to much. For most of the team, that should not be to difficult to acheve. So please make sure we all work very hard at acheving that. Positional shots, is where we can realy make up good points.

On the kneelers, the limit is 40m, and also no reducers. So make sure we practice them a lot.

It also say that no reducer may be placed further than 32m, with a minimum reduced size of 25mm. That only spells out one thing. A lot of targets between 40 - 50m.

Different to what we are used to, the min distance can be 8 yards. That is far below what most of our scopes can focus at, so we must make sure we have a strategy, to be able to shoot them. What I normally do is, set my turret at 10m, aim high on the blurred killzone, and shoot. Make sure to practise it, so we don't get caught with our pants down.

I see that they recommend that the positional shots targets, must be sprayed white, or yellow. So we must try to find out what the freestyle targets is coloured at, so we can start to condition ourselves to that, and if it is a dark colour, how it will affect our ranging, esspecially in the shade, and dark bushy areas above 40m.

Best of luck, and hard work with you all's training and preparation.

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

the course sounds very much like dirt ryders, 10 reducers all positionals with in 35m most long shots from 42m up. some in shade some in open and some in the trees.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Well I hear we are shooting in a quarry.That leads me to think a lot of wind and a lot of high shots.