Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAM B50

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default BAM B50

Hi guys

I need some advice, I got a bam b50 that's making a air escaping noise when firing . I've replaced o ring at the bolt in front. If I put powder there and fire no air is coming out. I put powder on the regulator at the bottom (shoot gun upside down) no air coming out. I can't really afford a 300 rand a hour gun smith so im hoping to fix this myself with advice from you gentle men.

Tx

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Regulator? Which one do you have.
    My guess would be your firing valve

Adjusting the Bam B50/B51

The BAM B50 book by ChrisK

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It's tuned bam b50 with regulator. Firing valve o rings?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

More than likely

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Close bolt with pellet probe. Either put ballon over barrel front to see if valve leaks. You can also put your finger there and feel for pressure build up. Might be that valve is leaking on the seal

Palguns

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sorry I was told it's regulated, looking at the parts list im not sure it is. As for air leaking it holds air, only when firing it makes the funny sound

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Should I load it and then see if it leaks air? I know it holds air if not loaded

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Air pushing past your firing valve on the shot

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Palbirds View Post
    Close bolt with pellet probe. Either put ballon over barrel front to see if valve leaks. You can also put your finger there and feel for pressure build up. Might be that valve is leaking on the seal

Palguns
    Condom also works well ....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So is the valve faulty or just o rings?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuberboef View Post
    Condom also works well ....
    Well be a sweet and send him a few of your specially made 'extra small' ones then.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Well be a sweet and send him a few of your specially made 'extra small' ones then.
    Ouch!!!
    Walked into that one

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ok guys if you look down the air chamber you can see a blue something that doesn't look so good. Zoom into the pic ill post and you will see it looks split in half

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is the end of the valve mechanism - your gun is not regulated, and it looks fine. It is a big screwdriver slot for removing and splitting the valve.
    If your gun is not leaking, and the pellet is coming out the front at a respectable velocity, I wouldn't go stuffing around until you know where the problem is. If it is only on firing, and the breech probe o-ring is new, then it can either be a transfer port seal (put talc around the interface of the breech block and air tube to test), or the firing pin stem, which is unlikely. Are you sure that it isn't the firing noise - these guns do have a distinctive twang when firing.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Bam B50 help please!

Hi Guys,

I need some advice please, i am getting different types of advice on my problem and i want to make sure its right.
    My bam b50 firing valve broke, my firing valve spring is 10mm, im sure its been made shorter?
    My rifle was apparently down tuned, i cant confirm this.
    Some guys are saying add a stronger firing valve spring and some a softer one. Ive been told that the b50 likes doing this, and also different opinions on the cause .
    All i want is the rifle up and running, im not sure to buy a valve fit it as is then after few weeks have it brake again.
    What would you recommend ?
    Please note i am in Port-Elizabeth and sending it away is not a option, i need to fix this myself .

Thank You in advance guys.