So after a fair bit of planning and consultation the “away shoot” is finally happening.
Trevor at Faraway Farm has kindly offered to host an away shoot on his farm in Bo-Piketberg. It features an already set up HFT course and 100m / sight in range.
When: Weekend of 23and 24 September 2017
Where: Faraway Fields Farm, Bo-Piketberg (see map below)
Who: Everyone is welcome to shoot, either for the weekend or as a “day visitor”
What to bring: Your air rifle gear, food and anything else you may require to have an enjoyable weekend. It will most likely be warm, and there may be insects around, so sunscreen and anti-bug juice is a must. The terrain is rugged, ie sharp and uncomfortable in places- bring a mat!
Why: This is an opportunity to enjoy the company of your shooting buddies and shoot a rugged and very challenging HFT course.
The idea is to present a bit of a challenge whilst having some fun competing in a real world hunting scenario. Your shooting position for the most part is determined by the terrain, with a few exceptions.
In brief then here are the nuts and bolts of the shoot:
An HFT course in some really stunning terrain, elevated and depressed shots included
- Shooting positions will vary from prone, supported and unsupported kneeling / standing and off peg
- The normal rules for HFT in terms of rifle power, hamsters and butt hooks etc will apply.
- 5 Shot grouping
- 5 shot highest score
- Large gong shoot – best out of 5 shots
- Small gong shoot – best out of 5 shots
- And a few more
- Please remember to bring shade as we are in open field.
This is not intended to be a strictly regimented weekend, but we would like to keep things moving along so it would be nice to let folk know when certain events are happening.
- Last arrivals
- 08h00 range open for sighting in, plinking etc
- Safety Briefing and guidelines – 10h00
- 10h30 Fun HFT shoot in preparation for the real event
- 13h30 100m shoot sighting in and preparation
- 14h30 100m shoot.
- Briefing – 08h45
- Round 1 – 09h00
- Lunch – 12h00 or thereabouts
- Prize giving – 15h30
At Faraway Fields Farm:
Garden Cottage (first come first served, email email@example.com).
Five minutes walk away the excellent campsite of Bella Vista Farm (http://bellavistafarm.webs.com/aboutus.htm : book directly with Johan )
Next nearest (a couple of minutes drive) is Ons Heem Contact: Marianne de Lie Tel: +022 914 5623 Cell:072 179 0970Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also look at : http://www.piket-bo-berg.co.za/where-to-stay