Thread: Minimum Magnification Needed

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Minimum Magnification Needed

Hey fellow shooters,

I would like to know what you consider to be the minimum magnification for PC at 100-120 meters?

Thanks!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Depends what you are shooting, at. 100m is quite a distance so I would say minimum 32 mag

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Also depends what scope you're using and what magnification and distance is zeroed in, 2nd fp scopes tend to change POI if is zeroed at ie: 25m @ 8x and then you put at max mag for a longer shot like 100m it will change the POI

REP: Hill Air Rifle Pumps
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I have been shooting 10x fixed for some years now , 10x44 , 10x42 ext. 10x is usely true mildot spacing. Have shot up to 140m.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wolf View Post
    I have been shooting 10x fixed for some years now , 10x44 , 10x42 ext. 10x is usely true mildot spacing. Have shot up to 140m.

I am going to go with airwolf here

Marksman

User Info Menu

@Speedfox_2002 Thanks for your reply, 32 mag should enable you to count every feather hair on any given feather on a pigeon's head hahaha. I would love to own a 32 mag but they are a bit expensive for me at this stage... Maybe one day when I buy a FX crown/impact I'll slap a 32 mag on there but for now I need to go with something a lot cheaper.

@Gfighter and FFP won't do this? Although I am am not sure if I really like the fact that your crosshairs zoom with the scope (and I am guessing they are more expensive because they are more accurate?)

@air wolf Thanks for the reply, the thing I have noticed with the fixed 10x scopes is that they are almost just as expensive as a 6.5-20 mag scope from hawke or MTC why is this? And would it really be worth it to buy a fixed 10x scope when they are the same price? The scope on my .270 is 12x and I have shot some headshots on springbokkies xD from 220m out, but since wind and bullet drop is not that much of a concern as on air rifles and since I am quite new to the long range pcp scene I am not sure how much of a difference it makes. Obviously as speedfox has said 32x would be nice but I am also on a budget (I have shot on 24x @80m and it was really nice but cannot afford a scope like that at the moment.)

Thanks again for your replies guys!