Thread: Spring for Diana Model-48

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Spring for Diana Model-48

Good day all. Can anybody assist me with finding and buying a new spring for a Diana 48?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hello,

I think that Umarex are the manufacturers and distributors of Diana airguns.

If this is so , you will have an uphill battle as Umarex spares are almost unobtainable , it seems to be their company policy not to supply spares for their products.

I have a Walther LGV , and spares are unobtainable.

You may try and contact a German distributor who MAY be able to help you.

This is the reason why I will NOT buy a Umarex product ever again.

Good luck with your search , I hope that you are successful.

Cheers.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Umarex have nothing to do with With Diana.

The Diana agents for ZA are:

L&O Group South Africa
    Forum name:
    Contact/s: Luan Odendaal | Mark Malan
    Address: Plot 7 Mountain Drive, Inyathi Park, Pretoria, 0186
    Phone/s: +2712819780011
    Email: info@lo-int.com
    Services:
    Agents for: Sig Sauer Airguns | Sig Sauer Optics | Diana Airguns |

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thank you very much.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I would just import a Vortek kit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

That is in the line of what I was thinking. The 48 (5.5mm) is pretty accurate, I've taken 2 Indian Minahs at over 40m, clean kill each time but the vibration is getting worse. It is not nice shooting with it. Hence my inquiry about the new spring. Please, some guidance on how to go about it? I went to the Vortek website (Vortek Products Inc). Should I just order the tuning kit? Are there any catches or is it straight forward order and delivery?
    By the way, I've added a Diana Mauser K98 to my collection and this thing is such a pleasure to shoot, quite the grouper out of the box. The trigger is superb and the shot is vibration free. A healthy kick, but all under control. I was hoping to get that kind of groupings after 500 shots, but right away it was shooting beautifully. However, the underlever does not click into position very firmly and on day one, after about 50 shots, something broke off of the cocking lever. I think I put the cocked rifle down a bit hard on my hand on the rest and the lever must have fallen open and when I pulled the trigger there was a mighty crack and then a small part which broke off and a little spring fell out. I took it in the next day and it was replaced within 4 days. The new one shoots as nice as the previous one, and grouped very well from the first few shots. I am impressed, I must say, with the rifle and the service from Arms for Africa in Polokwane. I have now gone and spoiled the looks of this rifle by putting a rather hefty scope on it, I want to see how accurate it can really be. By the way, somebody on this forum stated that Diana airguns are not worth the money. At 40 m I regularly get a grouping with my Diana Mod 38 that I can cover with my thumb. Smaller than a R5 coin. Is that still not really good? I can for the life of me not do the same with my HW50S, of which the trigger is the sweetest I have ever felt. The 38 trigger is however very very close, I tell you. And certainly more accurate at 40 m. Maybe it is because the best pellet for the HW50 is the lighter one (JSB 7,87 gr) while the best in the 38 is the JSB 8,44; will the weight make a difference on that distance? I've taken out a EAI this morning at almost 45 m. Not as clean a kill as with the 48 (had to take a second shot) but still! I will take the HW50 to somebody for a tune, it has to be able to do better. Recommended tuners?
    Last edited by GJdK; 02-09-17 at 22:42.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

James Maccari aka 'Air Rifle Headquarters" (ARH) makes 2 tune kits for the Diana 48; one medium -high power and the other, high power:

VRT Kit - RWS-Diana 48-52-54-56, Chinese Sidelevers-B21,22,30, SM1000

NEW- ZRT Mag RWS-Diana 48,52,54,56,460 Mag Kit

I have used his tune kits in both of my HW springers and have been very satisfied with the results.

It's not a bad idea to buy an extra piston seal and mainspring with the kit; saves importing these at a later date.

BTW Maccari will ship USPS, your cheapest option, and will accept payment via Paypal.

There you are, you have another option.

Mick
    Last edited by mick1; 03-09-17 at 09:16.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

You can't go wrong with Vortek. That would be my first choice. You can also try TbT. They sell two kits for the 48.

TbT Tuning Kits | Tinbum Tuning
    Last edited by RiaanduToit; 03-09-17 at 10:03.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, appreciated.