Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for reasons...............

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default looking for reasons...............

not to buy the EV2..............

not interested on what else is available.........looking for faults only.........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus please, dont start another moose thread. If your coming up for the NATS you can hold mine for a while then make your decision.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

nan.......it's ok you've already let me fondled urs at durban deep...........

just got offered one (new)........but was one of those buy it now or never situations, so was looking for reasons not to buy...................apparently was "assembled/tuned" by NJ and one of the conditions of purchasing is to let KB to do a test for magnum (well, he is just down the road from me).........

anyways, it's not the one i want so i guess it's down to who gets their next shipment first (AA or OG).........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Who wants to pay R 16k for a modified Pro-T (wait till NeilM sees this)

seriously though, there's been a regulator upgrade (which is free) but might prove to be a problem to get hold of if u r in SA.
    If it's 1 with the "old" reg first contact AA SA and ask about the upgrade, new one gives alot more shots and they are even more consistent aswell

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If it one that Nick has put together then it will have been accuracy tested by him too, and he is VERY critical on accuracy.

The reg mod is simply a change of firing valve, Neil G I will e-mail you an alternative. There is nothing wrong with the reg, but the new valve increases the number of shots per charge.

Modified Pro-T ......GGGrrrrrrrrr ~

Urabus, if you don't want it, don't buy it, but if Lord Nick has had his hands on it, it will be a fine rifle.

Neil

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

well, made a mistake.............it is the one i want,
    so i guess, it's to the bank first thing in the morning......

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

the dark one claims another victim....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

He! He! He! Another convert.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Funny how the "clever" ones all turn to AA .... eventually !
    Guido, I feel for you ...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

mmm...the word sheep is on the tip of my tongue...hehe, just kidding !amazed

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    I know there's still hope for u
    Air Arms ProSport\ Tasco 6-24X44TS
    I rest my case ... sheep :boo:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hhmmm..........

still having doubts, better sleep on it i guess.

in the infamous moose thread.......i mentioned something like "once i have the money, i will then decide which one to get........" it's all very good that the financials are sorted and the availability of the EV2 kinda made the decision for me........ i now question do i really need it?????

it's really a difficult one to decide, just think of other toys i can get instead.....some ice for the cab, ti zhorst, programmable comp. box...........or payments on a STi or 350Z......

i even tried to fault my Hornet to justify the purchase. and i failed.....yes i did miss quite afew on the weekend........but most of it was due to FDI, and afterall, i did take the "bunny" home. i shot 2X10 through the chrony earlier on. first string the ES was 3.X, 2nd 6.X, over all (20 shots) 8fps.......... the stock might not be deep enough, but i've already made an hamster for it and after using it for a while, i found i shoot better with out.

what i do know, is that when i shot the pro-target and EV2 at durban deep, i felt very confident.................is this enough reason, well that's for me to decide.

cheers

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Your words were "... hell Neil how can you miss with this rifle...". Needless to say he was not very impressed with you at that moment.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

now that i thought about it.........

i think it was more like: " gee, i don't think I can miss with this baby. i like............"

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus,
    You don't need it, you want it.It will only MAYBE up your score by one or two points, at the most. We seldom buy what we need. We mostly buy what we WANT. Did you get to Brits quicker by following me? No, but you could if you wanted to, that is why you drive what you drive and what I drive. The point is that no matter how fast or slow or in how much comfort you drive, if you drive/shoot properly you will get there. (If you miss/prang you do it in style.) Why does soo many people overseas shoot all these "top" guns? Because they can(mostly) afford it. I find it very strange that people like Dale, Jamy and some others, don't while they can if they wish to. Are these rifles realy better when the target goes up and B/S stops? Makes ME think... just a thought; use it; don't use it. :beer: