Thread: Good deal on gamo coyote 5.5mm?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Good deal on gamo coyote 5.5mm?

Hi there. I'm looking for someone to help me in buying my first 5.5mm pcp. I'm willing to spend around R11000 on the gun. I saw that gamo has a chrismas special on the coyote 5.5, where all the accessories and more are included (attached photo) for R18 000. Is this a good deal for the price? Can someone maybe set up a combo for me with just the essentials I'll need for less? I basically only need the refill station, diver's tank, a reasonably good 3-9 x 40 scope and hard case as extras to start shooting, right? Please can someone help me or steer me in the right direction? Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

Oh and Bnt can give me a combo for the artemis m11, leapers utg 3x9 scope, dive tank with the attachment, hard case and some pellets for R14500. Good gun/deal?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I'd pm rashaad/outdoor pitstop if I were you. He'll almost certainly be able to help with better options and combos.
    You'll find him under the dealers section on the main page

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'd take a Coyote over an Artemis any day, my opinion.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'll second that all day long!!! After what I've seen at our club, I'll never even look at an Artemis. Absolutely a piece of doo-doo compared to a coyote.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks guys much appreciated! Rashaad is going to help me with a better deal. He is also suggesting the benjamin maximus as an entry level gun. So ja, choices. The maximus has a good review but I just love the look of the coyote.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you can, try shoot both guns first. See how they feel in your hand, how they handle, then make a decision. How a gun looks is one thing, how it's shoots is another!

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

The Artemis designed with KISS in mind, keeping it simple. Easy to work on, tune and maintain. The Coyote / BSA does not follow that same idea with: flow through bolt so funky air path to pellet, hidden o-rings in pressure tube, blerry expensive magazines, no option of single loading.
    Maybe not only shooting the rifles, but talking to somebody that has to have battled with the internals........
    People should stop critisizing a brand name they know nothing about........

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Well, to keep things in perspective, based on own experience... I've only ever tuned springers. Then I had to service my Coyote last week, 'cos the cocking action wasn't engaging all the time.
    Turned out to be a bent hammer cross-pin - the 90deg pin that engages with the screw-bolt head on the Bolt - which tells me the following: The bolt spring action is too heavy in force compared to the diameter of that pin, becus it got bent over a few hundred pellets worth of cocking 'n loading.
    Does that put me off the Coyote? Nah-ah, bcus, after stripping and working on my 1st pcp ever I reckon this Coyote is simple enough for the intermediate experienced to maintain and tune it to a degree. No rocket science needed.

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

In my opinion; Air rifle Brands are personal choice, its like buying a bakkie, some people will never like a Ford, does it make it a bad brand, NO.
    I have worket on both SPA/Artemis as well as Coyote/BSA and my personal choice would be SPA/Artemis. Yes that is just me.

Best for any upcoming buyer would be to shoot and research all brands in his/her budget.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I second that Wimpie, for gamo price i would rather get a p12,p10,p15,m10,m22, or any other kral.