Thread: The Best fathers day gift ever!

REP: Piet Propeller Airgun Purveyor

User Info Menu

Default The Best fathers day gift ever!

Thursday evening saw me in pjs ready for bed when my daughter gave me a long brown box.

“....En die nou?”

“Wel dis Vadersdag sondag en ek gaan nie hier wees nie so toe dog ek ek sal pappa se geskenk nou vir pappa gee!”

I took the box from her hands, stood there and opened the cover. I am not ashamed to say I burst into tears...There, in the box, lay a spanking brand new M10 Jackal PCP in all its glory!!! I was past happy, past shock past whatever you may care to mention that influences a father's feelings and emotions. She had saved up her pocket money, scraping here and there – being a full time student at U J ( doing her Master’s degree – so money is scarce around here!!) and had gone and bought me a PCP with a 6liter 300bar bottle plus all the goodies to fill the rifle. In shock and awe and after some time of thanks, hugs and kisses all round I took the M10 to the bedroom, sat on the side of the bed just looking at the rifle. The dogs – all six of them – my sons if you are looking for trouble!! – lay snoozing at my feet. In the box lay a silencer which I had not yet fitted as there was a brass fitting screwed into the barrel to protect the fine threads. As I looked and held the rifle I noticed there was some air in the air chamber / reservoir..

“Well, well, 150bar... I wonder if that is a lot?”

In wonderment thought, still contemplating this beautiful gift, I pulled back on the bolt. It slid back a teensy bit. There seemed to be some resistance, so I pulled back some more until I felt and heard a solid satisfying “CLICK”

“Well, nothing to that, is there?”
    I silently said. I pushed the bolt forward and down noticing immediately how super glide smooth the action was. I glanced up at the bedroom clock and saw that it was already way past bed time. Bets was busy finishing up in the bathroom and Lizaan was packing for the next day at the university. The evening was quiet, everyone relaxed and finishing up the days chores .I for my part, felt super relaxed....

That is...UNTIL I PULLED THE GODDAMN TRIGGER!!!!!
    BOOOM!!!!
    “Oh shittttt!!!!” , I screamed.
    Dear reader, various events took place, at the same time, in the same space, like right now!!! The strangest was that I saw all, like the all Seeing Eye, heard all and smelled all.The dogs lifted up, I swear, jet propelled into the air by the massive “BOOM” through the quiet of the evening. The closest dog started running, in full throttle four wheel drive while still 600mm above ground level. When he hit the carpet, the carpet took off in a straight line into the opposite wall while the other dogs where spinning on all fours, all noses pointing to the shortest route to the exit – but , alas – there was no grip of any kind whatsoever on those paws at that stage at all. I distinctly remember hearing the clicking of tens of nails scraping the tiles. The smell of all six dogs emptying their bowels simultaneously of pent up Dogmore farts, virtually peeled the paint from the ceiling and walls!!!

Bets burst out the bathroom, Lizaan slid into the hall on stocking feet. Tell you what, six dogs (whom by now had gained at least 80% use of their paws) heading through the doorway, full blast and coming from the other side a wife and daughter, does NOT result in a pretty sight!!Bets:

“What de HELL doen jy!!!?”

Me: “ Ek weet nie...Lizaan:

” Jis, pappa wat was dit...?”

Me: “ Nee, oo donner dis die geweer ......”

After lots and lots of arm swinging and demonstrating and explaining what I had done, and what I had NOT done, nerves where calmed with a hot cup of Horlicks before bed time.Well, the M10 lay between Bets and I for the first hour where I could look at the stock and stroke the barrel. Later she stood to attention next to my bed where I could lay and look at her in the soft light of the bedside lamp.Man oh man that was the lekkerste van lekker gift ever.You can’t beat that for a father’s day gift!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thank you a fantastic story, if only there was a camera to catch all the action, I don't think Hollywood could have scripted it better

Springer FT World Champion '09
    SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

What a storyteller!
    AATX200HC (Sponsored by Airgun Warehouse) with Falcon T50 / Chopped CZ200 with 4-12 GAMO / P12 Bullpup 5.5 with Aeon 10-40 / Walther LGU with Sightron SIII 10-50

"Derek Madonsela's gonna get you!"