Thread: WILLYS JEEP

REP: VariTurn Air Rifle Inc.
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default WILLYS JEEP

Looking for a roadworthy or nearly roadworthy SWB 1940/1950s CJ2/2a/3. A NOMAD would also be considered.

I dont want to pay through the nose for it either
    Kind regards

Mike

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

My advice for what it's worth.

Stick to the Jeep if you can find a nice one.

My Brother had a Chev. Nomad , the Nomad was plagued by serious rust in hidden critical places and could not be economically repaired.

Good luck with your search.

REP: VariTurn Air Rifle Inc.
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Anyone know of a SWB RAV or equivalent about R40K contact me please. WhatsApp on below number or +256 777 228 030

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

My father taught me to drive with his 70's model Chev Nomad hard top because that thing is generally bullet proof and not easily broken by a nervous 15 year old kid learning the ropes. As an 18 year old my father allowed me and a friend to go matric holidays jolling and we drove from the Vaal Triangle to Keimouth beach via Haga-Haga and back with now issues. That 2.5l four pot petrol engine mated to a four speed gearbox was/is beastly thirsty if you drive it like an 18 year old hooligan and it consumed most of our pocket money feeding it fuel but we had a blast of a lifetime. Fast forward 34 years and I have that Nomad today and it is still doing just fine.