I have been thinking of making a new custom stock for a while now. My first stock that I made works 100%, but I was itching to build something better and more suited to my style.
So last year my dad and I went to maplestreet timbers and got a nice wallnut blank from them at a reasonable price. Time got hold of me and I only now started the project.
Progress is very slow. I only have Friday nights and Saturdays to work on the stock as work keeps me bussy during the week.
This was more or less the design that I played around with. As with most things the end product will differ from the original idea
The inletting. I didnt have a 35mm cutter lying around so I made one from a 35mm spade drill
Didnt take a photo of the wole inletting but this gives you an idea of how it looks
Inletting complete and made some adjustments to the design
Normal up and down adjustment was not going to cut it for me. Wanted a ball joint meganism so I made my own.
Rough shaping on the grip. Still need some final shaping to get it right
Where Im at now.
The stock is coming along as I wanted it. Time will tell how the outcome will look like. Im hoping for the stock to be completed by middle of December as I have limited time to work on it.