I have been bussy the last week with sanding. Damit its a task that does not seem to end.. Finaly on Monday I was done sanding so on Tuesday I started the process of finishing. I made the stock wet and sanded it down. This was done 2 times before I started filling the stock. Filling took me 2 whole hours to do but finally it was also done.
When the stock was dry I did my first coat of Tru-oil. I made a bit of a fuckup by coating the stock too much so I had to sand it down with 000 steelwool.
This is how the stock is currently looking
Im happy with how it all came together
Now I just need to find the patience to get thru all the finishing coats and to not rush things.
A special thanks to Cor and Ulrich for the advice on how to finish the stock.