Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.5mm PCP Recommendations

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default 5.5mm PCP Recommendations

Hey guys,

I would like to get some 5.5mm PCP recommendations. Price range should be about R7 000 to about R11 000. I have been looking at the Kral Maxi S but would also like to look at some other possibilities. I also require the gun to shoot 800fps or more with 18.13gr JSBs.

Thanks in advance!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

IMHO, I'd rather go for a good quality higher end rifle in second hand format. Air arms being a good choice. Or save up some more cash and get a new one. The whole of this year I have saved for this moment, to buy my first .22 PCP. Don't rush into it either, try as many as you can before you buy. Yes they get very expensive and I'm not dissing the cheaper rifles either, but from what I've seen, heard and experienced, you get what you pay for. Not always the case, but most of the time, 99%of the time.

Just my 2c

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Have been keeping an eye on the classified forums. I won't be rushing it, I will probably be looking at options for a while before I make a purchase. I have also been looking at the Air Arms S510 and the FX Impact. But the Impact is quite pricey to say the least but would definitely be worth it

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi There Sunny

If you are on a budget of between R7k and R11k

Dont waste your time looking at an FX Impact
    Which has a price point of About R47k

Unfortunatley all of the high end PCP brands:

FX,Daystate,RAW,KalibrGun,Weihrach,Styr and Airarms

Non of these PCP’s New or 2nd hand will be in the
    R7k to R11k price range

If by some miracle you can find one at that price
    which I seriously doubt

Grab It and Grab it Fast

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

For that price range, I would go for the Zbroia Kozack 5.5mm, very accurate on par with the high end guns, 44j, 300 bar reservoir, very smooth action, nice mag, shoots like a dream with 18's.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My

Thank you Sunny for this.
    Not trying to hijack your thread.

I am in the same position and also looking to enter the pcp world. Unfortunately refills will have to be done by hand pump as no SCBA shop or refilling options are close by.

I have been looking at the SPA M22 or maybe the Kral Puncher Pitbull. Lots of shots between fills!

Any other recommendations? Budget is only R14K and this have to include the hand pump.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Got a m10 jackal 2months old with some special extras on it at a cracker of a price if interested please pm me

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '15/'17

User Info Menu

Why 5,5mm? Rather consider a 4,5mm that you can adjust between 12 and 20fpe. It is much more usefull.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What about the Walther Rotex RM8. I'm hoping for the umarex gauntlet to make it to SA but don't think that will happen any time soon.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gfighter View Post
    For that price range, I would go for the Zbroia Kozack 5.5mm, very accurate on par with the high end guns, 44j, 300 bar reservoir, very smooth action, nice mag, shoots like a dream with 18's.
    Will check it out and the RM8 as well.

REP: VariTurn Air Rifle Inc.
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

There is nothing wrong with the Kral 5.5 Bullpup MK2. They have improved all the internals and also the cocking lever. Kral's have an adjustable power setting and mine was shooting at 810 fps and very accurate for its price class. Sold it to a forum member and he is very very pleased with it as it does what he wants it for.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

With the budget, as a starter kit, SPA P15 R7k, light, fun to shoot, fairly accurate, shoots 860fps out of the box, easy to work on, Then, you still have some change left for the scope and filling station, which could be a a hand pump or a tank with fittings that can and will be used to the next project/upgrade that you might have.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gfighter View Post
    With the budget, as a starter kit, SPA P15 R7k, light, fun to shoot, fairly accurate, shoots 860fps out of the box, easy to work on, Then, you still have some change left for the scope and filling station, which could be a a hand pump or a tank with fittings that can and will be used to the next project/upgrade that you might have.
    Have spoken to a forum member who is selling a SPA P12. I just want to first look around a bit more to make sure that I am getting what I want.

Marksman

User Info Menu

That is the most important thing.
    "Get what you want."

REP: VariTurn Air Rifle Inc.
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi SunnyZhang take a ride out to North Cliff Shooting Range(CNR FIR and Pendoring Blackheath) on Sunday afternoon and talk to the members. PM Greg to see if he can be there with his M10 Jackal. I will ask Mark Fairon to take his Krieket along for you to try out. You have been given some very good advice and now you need to put to the test what you really want the rifle for. A PCP of R11K needs a hand pump which could set you back +/- R2500 or a dive tank 300 bar between 3-4K. Your choice of rifle depends on what you would really like it for. The guys at North Cliff will give you a chance to shoot their rifles and you can ask them all the questions you like.

Kind Regards
    Mike