Thread: Reducing the stock standard Artemis PR900W/SPA Predator's power to 12ft/lb

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Reducing the stock standard Artemis PR900W/SPA Predator's power to 12ft/lb

Guys, I would like to get tips/suggestions on reducing the std PR900W's to 12ft/lb.

There is a good thread from someone on this forum which reduced it to around 7lb/ft with a smaller transfer port and cutting two coils off the hammer spring.

I'm looking for a non-permanent solution though that can be reversed (i.e. without cutting the main hammer spring. Will a smaller transfer alone assist?

Any suggestions by someone that has done it will be of great assistance.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've done extensive modifying on this rifle, as has been mentioned. I had a slightly different end goal in mind, though.

I struggle to remember exactly without my "notes", but I seem to remember, taking out the hammerspring guide/spacer and omitting it altogether, made quite a difference in taming the power a bit.
    Just keep in mind, I'm referring to a .177 version - not sure which one you have.

As a sidenote I can add that, although I expected the consistency to be affected doing this, I had no need to worry.
    Maybe, as a start, try doing this and also try to precompress the hammerspring a bit - mine shortened a few millimetres by going this route. This MAY get you to your goal, or not...
    Next you'd have to start thinking about "throttling" the transfer port.

Let us know how it goes, and if you need more info...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Try using a stronger hammer valve spring, with a little experimentation you should be able to get the speed down.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thx for the input guys. I dont have a PR900W myself, it's for the guys at our club. I have a good idea where to start thx.

I'll post results once the mods are done.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi

Where can i find a quick release adaptor for the probe thanks