Thread: Kral Puncher One review?

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Default Kral Puncher One review?

Anybody tested this rifle yet? Thanks

Kral Puncher One

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I am also eagerly awaiting a review! Very happy with my Puncher Breaker Bullpup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quite a mean looking thing. I like...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nice looking rifle. I like that you can do all the adjustments to the stock to suit the shooter with the rifle

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hello Wimpie

I bought a Kral Puncher One (5.5mm) 11 January 2018 at Quenets Hunting & Fishing (Located in Worcester, Western Cape) for R 9000.00. With it was included a scope as seen in the picture you posted. I bought a Kral Air Stripper accessory (R300.00) which made it noticeably more accurate. This gun was an absolute pleasure when it was working... it also has a great feel to it and is really light. It shoots JSB 18.13gr pellets at 1500fps which is currently the most powerful 5.5mm pcp in the world (as far as my research goes). The Airforce Condor is the closest competitor at 1250fps.

Unfortunately, after about 30 shots at various power settings, the safety somehow instantly fired the gun when trying to disengage it. 'n Few shots after this, the gun refused to cock, it took about 7 attempts to cock the gun every time I wanted to load a pellet. I was very dissapointed and returned the gun to Quenets. They were shocked at the defects and sent the gun to Kral Arms in Johannesburg. Kral Arms came back to them saying they were going to repair it and send it back, but Quenets refused this offer and said that it had to be replaced.

I requested that Kral Arms send a test sheet with the new gun where they certify that it was tested with at least 100 pellets without any defect and which includes proof of the gun's max velocity. The gun came with absolutely no warranty papers or even a manual, this is why I was firm on receiving some form of paper work.

I am yet to receive the gun this week and will post updates.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback Hanri.
    You mentioned "It shoots JSB 18.13gr pellets at 1500fps", did you meaasure this through chronograph?
    Thanks

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

I wonder if this model was not a dump and run scenario by Kral. Alternatively, ZA customers are beta testing it for them.

It was removed from their catalogue around May last year after the Turkish Pro Hunt show, most Turkish dealers seemed to have removed their listings for the Puncher One at around the same time. There apears to be only two places in the world where it is sold, here in ZA and Bulgaria whereas the rest of the current Kral Puncher model line is sold pretty much everywhere.

Something is off with this model, that's for sure.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The velocity I claimed is taken from the website where I Iooked at the Puncher One. When I went to Quenets to receive the gun we tried to measure the velocity, but the chronograph couldn't measure any of the 10 shots we took. If Kral Arms complies to my request of the test sheet then we will know the velocity for sure.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Today Quenets contacted me and said that their supplier is going to give the refund for the Kral Puncher One. I asked why the supplier doesn't want to replace the gun. Quenets said that the supplier tested the fps and it wasn't close to 1500fps (the supplier refused to give the specific fps). They wouldn't send or sell me another one because there are too many faults with the specs of the weapon. I'm just glad this mess is over and now I am looking for the next gun.

I would like to clarify the following:

Quenets service and respect towards me through the whole process was great. I've never been treated this well as a customer. I am very happy with the way they solved the problem. It was their supplier that was holding up the whole process and they were not giving their cooperation until they had no choice. I will be buying my next gun from Quenets and would recommend them to anyone for anything hunting or fishing related.
    Last edited by Hanri; 23-01-18 at 19:13. Reason: I made a error

MRP

User Info Menu

Surely this can't be the only one sold? But what a mess!

User Info Menu

Glad that you will be sorted out Hanri

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

They wouldn't send or sell me another one because there are too many faults with the specs of the weapon.
    One would hope that the agent would recall all units that have been sold of this particular model.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wimpie swart View Post
    Anybody tested this rifle yet? Thanks

Kral Puncher One
    Is this a rip-off of the Air Force Condor (aka Gunpower Storm in the UK) or a piece of badge engineering?