Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WFTC 2019 - England: World Field Target Championships

SAFTAA Treasurer

User Info Menu

Hi,

Places are filling up. Let me know asap if you want to join the Protea team at WFTC 2019.

7 out of 17 places left !!!!
    Last edited by Nettie; 15-11-18 at 21:44.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
    Hi,

Places are filling up. Let me know asap if you want to join the Protea team at WFTC 2019.
    Payment done! Woohooo!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Nice one

Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

OK... so I am definitely going.

I have a few questions:

1. When does the Protea team intend traveling to the UK, and with what airline?
    2. Where will the team be staying?
    3. Will ALL the SAns be staying at the same place or must the non-team members make our own accommodation plans? With 450 competitors, surely it would make sense for this to be in motion NOW? I would prefer to stay with the team.

I am busy looking at the various options at the moment. As expected, e-mails to SAA for details of their airgun transport costs have yielded a big fat bag of fokkol (I'm allowed to say this, because it's a SAn Parliamentary term).

Also, would it be advisable to commit real money so far in advance on SAA, considering their precarious financial state? My gut tells me NO!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Blud, why on earth would you even begin to consider anything SAA?

Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

All I hear is crickets... Any SAFTAA people who have any input here?

I have a few questions:

3. Will ALL the SAns be staying at the same place or must the non-team members make our own accommodation plans? With 450 competitors, surely it would make sense for this to be in motion NOW? I would prefer to stay with the team.

I am busy looking at the various options at the moment. As expected, e-mails to SAA for details of their airgun transport costs have yielded a big fat bag of fokkol (I'm allowed to say this, because it's a SAn Parliamentary term).

Also, would it be advisable to commit real money so far in advance on SAA, considering their precarious financial state? My gut tells me NO!

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    All I hear is crickets... Any SAFTAA people who have any input here?

I have a few questions:

Seun I can't talk on behalf of Saftaa or the Protea team, but as a individual that will attend.

This year we had a few of the non team members that shot Worlds that stayed with the team and it was fun having them with us. I would think it would be nice if the guys and girls that want, to stay with the team. I can't see any reason why not, but it can not be compulsory as it is a free country.

This year I am going to book my ticket early, If it falls with the team or not, not a big deal.
    Definitely not flying with SAA unless they are the cheapest, which they are not at this stage. Looks like British Airways at this stage, but will still shop around.

I intend to fly there on the 3rd and back on the 13th. That gives me a few days for site seeing.

So far no idea where to stay.

I can't wait for this and intend to end in the top 10, but will settle just for a participation certificate.

Protea FT Team '11
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Definitely not flying with SAA unless they are the cheapest, which they are not at this stage. Looks like British Airways at this stage, but will still shop around.
    Cor, check maar net eers British Airways se koste vir gewere. Ek dink laas jaar toe ek met hulle gevlieg het, was dit GBP125 elke rigting, so GBP250 net vir geweer tas. Of R4500. Nie cheap nie.

En jy het net een tas van 23kg as free checked baggage met British Airways.

Cheers.

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

WFTF Competition rules change summary for 2019 and 2020.

Full rules document: https://www.airrifle.co.za/library/W...Rules_2019.pdf

SAFTAA FT Colours '11/'14/'17

User Info Menu

In other words from next year only 6 Proteas justified?

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    One assumes they would need to define "High number of competitors attending worlds"

England has capped entries for WFTC 2019 at 450 competitors which I think is the high water mark to date. So will that rule stick if the WFTC event is in one of the more far flung, less well attended host nations? Most likely the WFTF will explain it all at the WFTC RGB workshop session in August.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Lekker nou is ek ook 'n Veteran.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Lekker nou is ek ook 'n Veteran.
    AKA Old Fart..

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post

Dalk nie 'n slegte idee nie. Die ouens gaan nou harder moet werk om 'n plek in die span te verseker.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    One assumes they would need to define "High number of competitors attending worlds"

England has capped entries for WFTC 2019 at 450 competitors which I think is the high water mark to date. So will that rule stick if the WFTC event is in one of the more far flung, less well attended host nations? Most likely the WFTF will explain it all at the WFTC RGB workshop session in August.
    That was the problem that drove the proposal suggestion. It's not that it only happens when there's high number, it's that there have been high numbers of teams and given the growing size of the WFTF they can't fit on a shoot. I know WFTC 2019 is popular, but 39 x 6 = 234 and that's before spring gun shooters have been considered. I believe Poland was 300 shooter in teams alone.

In my personal opinion they should both drop to 4 and all shooters to count.

We're fortunate in that we have worked to 450. But there will be some countries in popular locations (like Germany for example) that might find that not possible. So the question is do they not host and the can gets kicked down the road, or do they host but countries have to accept they can't field big teams...? The more countries we have, the smaller the teams will get because there's a limit on how many you can put into the event. One could argue another day would help, but then that's more people that need to get into a room for the closing ceremony and that has a practicality and a cost attached to it.