Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerli AR20-FT quick fill conversion?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Hammerli AR20-FT quick fill conversion?

Hi fellas, newbie here from the UK, found this site when searching for info on the above gun, and found that you guys seem to like it, and there was a fair bit of info, but i couldn't find anything on converting the cylinder to quick fill.

I am about to swap my custom Gamo Coyote for the AR20FT and AFAIK it has a Walther cylinder, and from what i can see the gauge should be removable, allowing the fitting of a quick fill valve....if i can find one, and hoping someone here has done this and can point me in the right direction for parts etc? thanks in advance for any help.

Administrator

User Info Menu

On your side of the pond I know of only Mick Tromans who does a QF cylinder for the AR20. He makes them in titanium so probably quite pricy.

Mick Tromans Titanium Air Cylinder

And also: http://www.josef1000.cz/walther on the continent.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks! but i am all about DIY if i can, and suspect it will be out of my price range, anyone know what the thread size of the gauge is 1/4" BSP/NPT or metric?

On a side note i was just going through the "Pimped air guns" post and found a pic of my Coyote...funny how things get about.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Iíve spoken to these clowns! They donít keep stock of anything and give you a million excuses why they canít sell you just 1 or 2 item. They want you to buy min 10 items before ďitís worth their whileĒ, otherwise they doing you a favor. Bloody useless lot!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Resurrecting this as i am still seeking a definitive answer, received a reply from an email i sent to Best Fittings regarding the gauge port size and thread, but they don't know, but they also raised a question about the possibility of the gauge being secured from the back, IE a nut inside the cylinder, i have never herd of this and seriously doubt its likely, but i guess you never know.

So would still like to hear from anyone who has converted a Walther cylinder from the LG200 to 400, or Dominator 1250, and of corse the AR20 to quick fill?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Tricky it depends what kind of quick fill you want. If its just a standard best fittings type connector on the front of the cylinder (minus the gauge - same as Mick Tromans design in post above), then yes, there are numerous bench rest guys on this forum that have converted Walther cylinders. Drop Gert van Wyk (Sighter) on this forum a PM and he can perhaps help you with that design etc.

If however, you are looking for a probe type quick fill with a gauge on the front of the cylinder (Same as the new Steyr quick fill cylinders), then no......I personally have given up the search for this "holy grail" for Walther cylinders.

If you have oodles of cash, then you could also always contact Jon Harris, Mick Troman in the UK or the guys from Altaros (Czech Republic) to custom fabricate on for you. (will probably cost more than the cylinder though!)

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Kevin...(Airvolution) made a new cylinder with gauge and probe for my AR20 a while back.....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Dallas, can you post a pic or 2 of it on this thread?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I will have to scratch around for pics...Dooky bought that AR20 if i remember correctly...not sure who owns it now.....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    I will have to scratch around for pics...Dooky bought that AR20 if i remember correctly...not sure who owns it now.....

Hammerli AR20-FT : Airvolution Quickfill Cylinder

Hammleri AR20-FT : Airvolution Quickfill Cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    Kevin...(Airvolution) made a new cylinder with gauge and probe for my AR20 a while back.....
    Airvolution Air Rifles
    Forum name: airvolution
    Contact/s: Kevin
    Address: 74 Glenluce Drive, Douglasdale, Fourways, 2066
    Phone/s: +27114628153 | +27766031841
    Email: kevin@airvolutionairguns.co.za
    Website: AIRVOLUTION AIRGUNS | South Africas Premier Airgun Producer and Repairer
    Services: Repairs, modifications and tuning of all makes of air rifles and pneumatic equipment. Scuba cylinder fills up to 300 bar.
    Agents for: Airvolution Air Rifles | Airvolution Silencers | Airvolution Fill Stations | Airvolution Laminate Blanks
    Distributors of: Combro ballistic chronographs.
    Retailer of: JSB pellets.
    NB: By appointment only.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Off topic but who made that wheel and will it fit the Illuminated Sightron models??

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Tricky it depends what kind of quick fill you want. If its just a standard best fittings type connector on the front of the cylinder (minus the gauge - same as Mick Tromans design in post above), then yes, there are numerous bench rest guys on this forum that have converted Walther cylinders. Drop Gert van Wyk (Sighter) on this forum a PM and he can perhaps help you with that design etc.

If however, you are looking for a probe type quick fill with a gauge on the front of the cylinder (Same as the new Steyr quick fill cylinders), then no......I personally have given up the search for this "holy grail" for Walther cylinders.

If you have oodles of cash, then you could also always contact Jon Harris, Mick Troman in the UK or the guys from Altaros (Czech Republic) to custom fabricate on for you. (will probably cost more than the cylinder though!)

Thanks fellas, Young Gun, yes just something like a AA quick fill rather than a dedicated probe type fill like BSA, my whole point is to DIY it on the cheap, preferably with off the shelf parts, if my own lathe was not ancient and not capable of screw cutting i would be making a custom fitting myself, i have all the relevant skills, but just don't have a disposable income now i am retired, and this is just a project gun that i have swapped for.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I have fitted quick fill foster type connectors to Walther cylinders....for Dewald....not sure if he is on the forum....I made those fill connectors though. The gauge screws out...with a bit of persuading. For the life of me, I can't remember if the thread was 1/8 BSP or 10mmx1.0mm metric fine....

Administrator

User Info Menu

The included adapter is 1/8 BSP is it not?