Thread: Benjamin Marauder Pistol 5.5mm

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Benjamin Marauder Pistol 5.5mm

Wife found out about the new addition to the collection, so this one needs to go.

Marauder Pistol in 5.5mm with Leapers 3-9 AO scope, 3 magazines and airvolution silencer. R7000.
    Running just under 14fpe with 18.1grs (I found them the most accurate in her)
    Surprisingly efficient and get 25-30 usable shots on a fill (from that tiny cylinder )
    This weapon was my car gun and it has taken many EAI's over the years.

Postage excluded

keith 083282ohsix12

Last edited by Citizen K; 21-12-17 at 09:36.
    The cyrying an ddillydattlinyer here atbthise trtgets thgabt di ni mnt tuooo.

Traditional Polish lamentation.
    ==

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

==

SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air

Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Fantastic pistol/carbine rifles these. Perfect for PC.

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Price reduced to R7000

==

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

bargain of note....
    qe?...........

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

BUMP

==

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

BUMP

==

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

==

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi there, how is the accuracy with the silencer?

I had one a while back that had reasonable accuracy, nothing to write home about, but when I put a silencer on it would spew lead to the four corners of the globe... I just assumed that the shroud, adapter, silencer combo wasn't able to align properly with the barrel. The pellets clipped the silencer internals rendering the pistol useless to me because it was bought for plinking and I couldn't plink without the silencer...

I always regret selling mine and not trying to find a way to make it work... hence my question about the accuracy with the silencer...

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi Tyler,

I found the biggest problem with mine was the pellet selection. Mine hated the 13 and 15gr's but does ok-to-great with the 18's
    Maybe I was just lucky that the silencers i have used fitted properly without clipping.

I'll try find time to shoot and post a few groups when I get a mo

Cheers

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Hi there, how is the accuracy with the silencer?

I had one a while back that had reasonable accuracy, nothing to write home about, but when I put a silencer on it would spew lead to the four corners of the globe... I just assumed that the shroud, adapter, silencer combo wasn't able to align properly with the barrel. The pellets clipped the silencer internals rendering the pistol useless to me because it was bought for plinking and I couldn't plink without the silencer...

I always regret selling mine and not trying to find a way to make it work... hence my question about the accuracy with the silencer...

==

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ok so I got around to do some more shooting with her today.
    These are groups shot consecutively at 15m lying prone over a bag. The 2 left are stringing vertically but that was due to falling pressure.
    There was a small difference in groups with the silencer. Without was smaller so a slight mod or change to the silencer could see improvement.
    I also put a set over the chrony and was rather chuffed. 22 shots with an extreme spread of 28fps wirh average around 580fps with 18grs. ( this was just holding the rifle, not on a bench which is the correct way to do chrony readings)

==

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The shooting was done quickly, so better groups are definitely possuble. I have taken some very long shots with her over the years
    Not a BR rifle for sure, but a handy little plinker
    Note that these groups were with a batch that she likes. Other batches were more erratic.
    Last edited by Keith T; 14-01-18 at 10:34.

==