Thread: Chrono Connect app

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Chrono Connect app

This does seem to work, I think it will give a good idea of what your rifle is shooting at. Stolen from another AR site.

Chrono Connect Lite

The Lite version has all the basic functionality you need to read the speed of a shot from your gun. You need to enter 3 distances, the pellet weight and the pellet BC value ( Most available at ChronoConnect.com ) and you can begin shooting.

The app will display the speed of the pellets, the power it equates to and the min and max values recorded for each.

Pro ver:

The Pro version has many more cool features such as,

• Unlimited shots in one go ( no 3 shot 'Lite' limit ).
    • Full list of shots in the string.
    • Graph of shots in the string.
    • Full shot and string management.
    • Comprehensive pellet database ( no need to manually enter weights and BC values for most pellets )
    • Comprehensive rifle and pistol database.
    • Visual over power warnings.

Lite is free and this video shows how to setup and use!

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Glad it works for you. Tried it, but did not like it. Went and bought the Caldwell Ballistic Chronograph, comes standard with phone or tablet cable, works excellent with it's own app.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Well done I am very proud of you for doing that!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Homestly, there is no substitute for a real crony. My friend has this app and he setted it up perfectly. Yet it still was out by litteraly +-50 fps depending on wich gun we tested..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

This works on sound traveling from rifle to phone and pellet striking target sound traveling back to phone right? Common sense tells me it's not in the least bit accurate if this is the case because the app does not account for air pressure/density, humidity, dust/smoke particles in the air, ambient noise, electrostatic noise and so forth. It might seem petty and funny to you, but all this plays a part in how sound travels through the air. As mentioned above, this is just not accurate in real word conditions. To many unseen/unaccounted variables.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by madness View Post
    This works on sound traveling from rifle to phone and pellet striking target sound traveling back to phone right? Common sense tells me it's not in the least bit accurate if this is the case because the app does not account for air pressure/density, humidity, dust/smoke particles in the air, ambient noise, electrostatic noise and so forth. It might seem petty and funny to you, but all this plays a part in how sound travels through the air. As mentioned above, this is just not accurate in real word conditions. To many unseen/unaccounted variables.
    madness, so we have a chap with his Kral and he is interested to know the Fps, he is going to shoot on the plaas and would do this as a once off........should he still go and spend 1k plus for this info or would you say this app would give him sufficient information?
    This is not meant for your serious shooters as I am sure they would buy the real deal.
    Having tested this now myself with a Prochrono and the app. Avg 10 shot string on chrono is 869fps and with app 822fps. For the plinker I still think it works.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yes I see Saxon what you mean. Although, you never said anything in your original post of this app being aimed at "the back yard plinker". You did however mention that you think it will give a "good idea of what your rifle is shooting at". So I assumed you thought it actually worked well as you also never mentioned you have already tried it along side a prochrono in your original post. So yes, as you say, for a plinker who doesn't care if the numbers are going to be off by atleast 50fps, it'll work. For the rest of the guys that want true figures, this will not work.

As for paying R1000+ for a Crony, you don't need to. As we concluded, if you not worried about accurate numbers, use the app. If you want accurate results get to a gunsmith/shop and have it tested, or get to a club sometime and ask one of their members to test for you. Your never gonna run out of friendly fellow airgunners in SA that'll be glad to help out.

PS: you might need to pay a small fee at a smith/shop though, still way less than a new chrony will cost..
    Last edited by madness; 07-01-18 at 22:44.