Thread: Maintenance and reg settings on SPA M22

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Maintenance and reg settings on SPA M22

Being new to pcp's, I learned a lot on this forum. I do need help though.

I bought a M22 and has shot around 1000 pellets through it. The rifle is quite accurate and I am able to one-hole between 5-8 pellets up to 40 meters. Can also hit 50 mm target at 65 meters.

I do know that pellets are in general self cleaning, but have also read that proper and regular cleaning could improve the accuracy significantly as well as reduce the number of fliers.
    I did clean the barrel using TRISOL (from RAM) on cleaning pull-through pads on nylon string. Went from black to clean after about 8 pulls.

I figured out how to remove the stock but need help with the further dismantling of the parts. I am scared to remove something that could cause a leak or make the rifle unusable. Can TRISOL also be used as lubricant for the mechanical mechanism?

The internet is awash with directions on all sorts of dismantling videos but none that show the M22 specifically. Anyone know of a link?

How are adjustments made to the regulator to adjust the pressure? Want to up the speed with heavier pellets for longer range shots.

The manual that came with the rifle is generic to the M10/M11/M20/M22 and the exploded view shows the the M10. It is also very poorly printed. Had to scan and enlarge but still unclear.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Can you messure the speed of the pellets ? If not, it makes not much sense to try to adjust something..

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yes I can. I make use of Chrono Connect Pro.
    It is not as accurate as a chrony but gives a good indication of pellet speed.
    The JSB 18.13gr is currently shooting at 775 fps on average and the AA Field heavy 18.00 gr at 795 avg.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It sounds a bit slow to me, SPA rifles normally shoots @ around the 800's, and the reg's pressure is about 150 bar, have try to adjust the hammer spring?

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Haven't adjusted anything yet.
    Not exactly sure where to make adjustments.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Remove the stock and uncrew the silver endcap (right under the lever). it should be secured by 2 small allen key screws.
    the silver endcap is a bit under pressure from the preloaded stock spring (usually) but its not that much. just hold it with your hand when unscrewing.
    now you can start to at more preload to the spring with one washer and do a messurement.
    i would also check the size / diameter from the transferport. this little part can decrease the power a lot if its too small. (usually it is not if there is no limitation of power in your country)

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thank you.
    Found a screw in the endcap, directly in line with the hammer spring. I turned it clockwise and am now able to shoot 26 grain Norica Monster pellets at 850fps. The JSB 18.13 are now doing around 920! Quite happy with the results so far. Point of Impact shifted but will re-zero scope to compensate for this.

Note: The Norica Monster pellets are suitable for single load but does jam in the magazine.

REP: LJ'S Air Rifles

User Info Menu

I was just about to say, my m22 shot jsb 25s std out box 925fps. There is a m10 dismantle on YouTube which is the same thing, just make sure its empty then go ahead and learn. Don't be scared it's not that bad.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by H v H View Post
    Thank you.
    Found a screw in the endcap, directly in line with the hammer spring. I turned it clockwise and am now able to shoot 26 grain Norica Monster pellets at 850fps. The JSB 18.13 are now doing around 920! Quite happy with the results so far. Point of Impact shifted but will re-zero scope to compensate for this.

Note: The Norica Monster pellets are suitable for single load but does jam in the magazine.

Glad that worked out, that sounds more like the SPA guns.

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Played around today. Did a re-zero of the scope at 35 m with the JSB 18.13's
    Best mag of the day was the one in pictures. Flyers aside, the main group was not too bad.
    Chrono connect reported pellet at average of 938 fps.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I see is getting there, have you tryied the H&N 21's? They group well on my P15 just like the jsb 18's.

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

No not yet. Only tried JSB 18.13, AA Field Heavy 18.0, Norica Monster 26 and Gamo TS-22's.
    The Gamo's however is the worst of all. No grouping shooting all over the place. Even at 15 m! Only way to hit a barn door with them might be point blank!

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Just for interest.

I unscrewed the shroud and wrapped the barrel with cotton wool.
    Then slow and carefully refitted the shroud over the cotton wool.
    It seems to dampen the sound so effectively that aside from sound of the hammer, the gun is almost silent.