I decided to add a HW 97 K in .20 to my pair of underlevers, a .177 LGU that I shoot HFT with and really enjoy and a TX200 in 5.5mm that I have had a love hate relationship with since 2014, but that is another story.
I initially wanted a sporter stock, being a traditionalist but Rosenthals only had the KT in stock, so that was it.
Dragged it home, a few pulls through the barrel, not half as bad as the SPA 5.5mm I had a bad experience with a few months ago and into the garage for a few shots.
The first shot went right through 16mm plywood. Diesel de luxe, major time, 3 more shots with similar results, this thing needed a serious clean out.
F#$K the warranty, out come the tools and I had the bitch in bits in minutes.
Piston seal completely covered in grease!
Piston face and groove grease covered
Compression tube carbon fouling
Transfer port face carbon fouling
Quality of bluing of cocking lever latch housing
Quality of barrel and shroud bluing
Corrosion visible at barrel and receiver interface
Blued burr visible above cocking lever pivot pin hole
Corrosion visible in breech
Corrosion visible in trigger housing
Dissimilar finishes of butt pad metalwork
Poor fit of butt pad metalwork
1st 20 shots 25m rested
1st 20 shot chrony string
- Stock finish and fit to action
- Ease of loading
- No ratchet sound when cocking
- No manual anti bear trap release
- Quality of bluing
- Trigger - might have been a Rekord 20 years ago, but not a patch on Air Arms or Walther for ease of adjustment
- Safety cannot be re-set without re-cocking, same as TX 200
- Push button cocking lever release, plain ball detent like TX and Wally would suffice
- Butt pad abortion is just plain horrible!!!