Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Supersport Scope

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default BSA Supersport Scope

Anyone can recommed a good scope for the BSA Supersport?

I don't like the standard plastic sights. The dealer I bought it from couldn't recommend anything useful.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ask Farmer, hes got a Supersport, but any good springer scope should do. N|S Airking range, Leapers(available from Guido) or BSA AIrrifle scopes

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The BSA scope arent as clear as Leapers or Hawke scopes

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I hear you, But I must say I am very impressed by the BSA Essencial 4-12x44 that I have. Very clear. Not sure if it is just a "good" example, but I am impressed none the less for the $$ they cost.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a BSA 3-12x44AO Air Rifle scope on my rifle and it is great. I have not tried any of the super high end scopes so I cant compare clarity. Having said that, mine is very clear and does what I need it to.. and more

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nikko

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Most scopes will be clear enough at 3-12 mag range its from the 12 to 24 mag and higher where one see the difference quite clearly, pun intented.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

I have had BSA, Nikko Stirling, Hawke and Leapers scopes before.
    The Leapers are the best, but cost quite a bit.

I like the BSA scopes. I had a BSA 3-7x32 on my Supersport and later changed it to the 4-12 Airking (that I now have on my HW). Got a 2-7 BSA again that will go back on the Supersport later today. My scope of choice for the Supersport.

I think the clarity of the BSA scopes are better than the Airking. I have both so can compare the side by side.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I also have a BSA 4-12 and Airking 4-12 the BSA is clearer than the airking. It does have a bigger objective bell though. Like them both. I shoot better with the airking as it's mildots are standard and the eye relief seems to suit me better. The BSA mildots are slightly closer together and will take getting used to on longer distances.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    I have had BSA, Nikko Stirling, Hawke and Leapers scopes before.
    The Leapers are the best, but cost quite a bit.

I like the BSA scopes. I had a BSA 3-7x32 on my Supersport and later changed it to the 4-12 Airking (that I now have on my HW). Got a 2-7 BSA again that will go back on the Supersport later today. My scope of choice for the Supersport.

I think the clarity of the BSA scopes are better than the Airking. I have both so can compare the side by side.

Does it make sense to use the BSA Scope stop kit and which mount is better for this rifle - single piece or rings?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swordfish,

I would go with the 1 piece mounts. They provide more area for a better grip. I have a BSA scope mounted on a magnum springer and it hasnt moved a millimeter. Have a look around for the Hawke 1 Piece match mounts

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I managed to find today a BSA ESSENTIAL 6-24x50AO Scope. it was hidden right in the corner of a shop and none of the sales people knew it existed until I showed to them. Also got BSA medium 1pc mounts. The sales person was 100% sure that it'll fit the Supersport rifle. Even suggested if it doesn't to bring the rifle and the scope and he'll mount it for me. In my excitement I was mostly concerned about the medium mounts elevation from the barrel and the huge diameter at the front of the scope. To my disappointment when I got home, realised that not only the medium mounts are not enough high to clear the scope from the barrel but it's also way too long break the barrel and load the rifle !!!
    Unfortunately have to go back to the shop tomorrow, return it and look for another combination.

How would you compare the quality of the BSA 1pc mounts to the Hawke 1pc mounts? The Supersport mounting grooves seem to be quiet shallow and I'm concerned about knocking out the scope mount from the recoil.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

I think you should take the scope back anyway.
    The Supersport has a mean recoil and will take that scope apart.
    I made my own scope stop that screw onto that hole in the back of the rifle, just behind the rails. I have an Oryx one piece mount, and that scope is going nowhere.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

From what I understand and from what I have been told, the mounts made from aluminum grip better that those made from steel.

Pity about the scope, its such a let down to get home only to find out something is wrong

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I am disappointed in Nikko Stirling's previous one piece scope mounts. Only the latest one piece scope mounts have built in grub screws to secure it. On both my CFX and HW97K it slides to the back as you shoot a few shots. The next turn on the fastening screws will strip them. I priced a one piece hawk mount from Rosenthal's in Cape Town that has the screw in it for R246.