Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget pcp

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Budget pcp

Hi guys.
    Retired from competitive archery last year after obtaining my national colours, wanted to start sport shooting with the 308 but i think the costs involved would be to much for me.
    Thinking of buying a pcp for that purpose.
    I know nothing of pcp rifles. What would you guys suggest i get.
    Budget would be on the lower side around 6k just for the gun. Fiends have got a diving school and im sure i can get a tank for a good price
    I'll take accuracy over speed.

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

send you pm

REP: LJ'S Air Rifles

User Info Menu

M22 best in that price range

Marksman

User Info Menu

I can get a Hatsan Galatian
    Is it a good rifle???

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Blink Stefaans.

Kom kyk by een van ons skiet e wat ons doen en sien ook sommer al die verskillende tipe gewere wat beskikbaar is voordat jy koop.

En maak dan daarna jou besluit.

Wyan

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blink Stefaans View Post
    I can get a Hatsan Galatian
    Is it a good rifle???
    Giles van AirgunGearShow dink so.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DSF View Post
    Giles van AirgunGearShow dink so.
    To be honest a lot of these reviews would imply a glitter covered turd would be nice.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi guys.
    Retired from competitive archery last year after obtaining my national colours, wanted to start sport shooting with the 308 but i think the costs involved would be to much for me.
    Thinking of buying a pcp for that purpose.
    I know nothing of pcp rifles. What would you guys suggest i get.
    Budget would be on the lower side around 6k just for the gun. Friends have got a diving school and im sure i can get a tank for a good price
    I'll take accuracy over speed.
    Before spending any money, Wyan, quoted below is offering some sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wyan View Post
    Blink Stefaans.

Kom kyk by een van ons skiet e wat ons doen en sien ook sommer al die verskillende tipe gewere wat beskikbaar is voordat jy koop.

En maak dan daarna jou besluit.

Wyan
    Check out the different disciplines and the kit that is out there before making a decision. Also keep an eye out for some decent second hand gear, you will often get more for your buck buying a good used rifle.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    To be honest a lot of these reviews would imply a glitter covered turd would be nice.
    True that.
    Then again having watched a few dozen reviews by Giles he does seem a bit picky at times (and he has the moola to collect far more expensive rigs). I have yet to find any other review that states them Galations as being real crappy, so there must be something going for the Galation given the money spent.
    Wish the Hatsan's was more readily available here as some models looks quite interesting to toy with.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ek gaan kyk of ek saterdag n draai kan maak by die skiet dag. Gaan interesant wees.
    Dankie vir die goeie raad

Marksman

User Info Menu

Het vandag vir my n CZ200S gekry teen n baie goeie prys met n 15L 300 bar bottel.
    Enigste probleem is die fitting waarin jy die geweer se silinder indraai om hom vol te maak lek by die grub screw waar jy hom moet bleed. Ekt hom al styf vas gedraai en hy lek nog steeds.
    Wat staan ek te doen?

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Het vandag vir my n CZ200S gekry teen n baie goeie prys met n 15L 300 bar bottel.
    Enigste probleem is die fitting waarin jy die geweer se silinder indraai om hom vol te maak lek by die grub screw waar jy hom moet bleed. Ekt hom al styf vas gedraai en hy lek nog steeds.
    Wat staan ek te doen?

Check the oring on the tank itself. It supposed to have a black oring seated on the inner rim. That usually seals when connected to your fitting

Protea FT Team '18
    REP: MB 3D Printing Services
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Make sure the thread "bottoms out" what I mean is the O ring must seal, on a 300Bar bottle a 200Bar adapter won't reach the end thus not seal, but it most probably a 15L 232 Working pressure and 300 Test pressure...

As Rashaad suggested check the o ring itself, sometimes these are abused and resemble a badly made pancake... replace it if necessary and make sure it seals properly.

If it leaks directly from the grub screw... that's where my latin ends and I'm sure someone can answer it better than me

UPDATE,

reference to 2 different o rings made here.. one of the filling adapter to the Dive tank and one from the cylinder to the filling adapter .. advice applies to both

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Markus Babl; 25-01-18 at 22:02.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

also, if its the grub screw itself that is leaking, turn the grub screw out completely, CAREFULLY and check whether a small ball bearing is in its place.

if not then i would suggest that that would be your issue as there is supposed to be a small ball bearing that seats between the filler and the bleed grub screw and it will fall out unnoticed if the grub screw is removed and the person is unaware of it.

i have a cz 200s and a 300 bar tank. My filler seats without issues. ( turns in completely and seats properly)

good luck meneer

-bertus

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Babl View Post
    Make sure the thread "bottoms out" what I mean is the O ring must seal, on a 300Bar bottle a 200Bar adapter won't reach the end thus not seal, but it most probably a 15L 232 Working pressure and 300 Test pressure...

As Rashaad suggested check the o ring itself, sometimes these are abused and resemble a badly made pancake... replace it if necessary and make sure it seals properly.

If it leaks directly from the grub screw... that's where my latin ends and I'm sure someone can answer it better than me

UPDATE,

reference to 2 different o rings made here.. one of the filling adapter to the Dive tank and one from the cylinder to the filling adapter .. advice applies to both

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Bertus86; 25-01-18 at 22:13. Reason: being silly

Protea FT Team '18
    REP: MB 3D Printing Services
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks Bertus.. Was about to contact you to reply to this issue...

Had the ball bearing idea but wasn't sure how this adapter is made..

If the ball bearing is gone find a replacement.. I've heard of people making a ball of thread tape and stuffing it in and it works for a while..

Regards to bottles.. 300b have longer threads.. Just to clarify