Thread: BSA R10 Mk2 - VS - Kral Puncher Jumbo

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default BSA R10 Mk2 - VS - Kral Puncher Jumbo

Hey everyone,

As I am sure you are aware I am still in the market for a new “budget” PCP rifle.

I was first interested in the Kral Puncher Jumbo but now I have started reading a few things about the BSA R10 MK2 and I am really liking what I am reading.

For either rifle i would would only be interested in 5.5mm caliber.

In in your opinion what is the better of the two?

I am also battleing to find any S.A retailer of the BSA R10 MK2, if you know of a retailer please let me know. Also if you have an idea of the pricing that would be a bonus.

if anyone has either for sale please also let me know. If you also have any other recommendations in the same price range please let me know. I am also really only interested in a rifle with a front fat buddy bottle. I really like the look.

I wouks diw me to to have a evanix or daystate but I will never be able to afford one of those bad boys

Thanks for for all the advise and input I really appreciate it.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

According to the BSA site FORMALITO is the local distributor so start with them.

Marksman

User Info Menu

FORMALITO is Awaiting stock on the R10 SE as well as the Scorpion SE

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've never shot the Jumbo or R10, but would go for R10 as per reviews of both rifles. in saying that, R10 shot count is not as much as Jumbo due to buddy bottle CC size.

This is my opinion from reading reviews of both rifles.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The R10 MK2 is a fantastic rifle. I own the 4.5mm version and its shooting JSB Beast 16gr pellets at 23fpe and is very accurate. You cant go wrong with one and you will love it to the ends of the earth.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the input, I am considering adding. An Airforce Condor in 5.5 into my options list. Does anyone know what the R10 costs roughly as well as the Condor?

Administrator

User Info Menu

The key differences are that Kral and Airforce are built to a price point while the BSA R10 is built to a standard (if it gets afflicted with more and more Gamo DNA then this will no longer be true). That said, the Kral and to a greater extent, the Condor can be beaten into submission by a competent airgunsmith. In ZA Nick/Scout Sniper is the go-to guy for panel beating Airforce airguns into sweet shooting tools.

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Contact Nic/Scout Sniper
    He is the Condor doctor
    https://www.airrifle.co.za/members/4254-scout-sniper

Quote Originally Posted by Judd Sherrin View Post
    Thanks for all the input, I am considering adding. An Airforce Condor in 5.5 into my options list. Does anyone know what the R10 costs roughly as well as the Condor?

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    The key differences are that Kral and Airforce are built to a price point while the BSA R10 is built to a standard (if it gets afflicted with more and more Gamo DNA then this will no longer be true). That said, the Kral and to a greater extent, the Condor can be beaten into submission by a competent airgunsmith. In ZA Nick/Scout Sniper is the go-to guy for panel beating Airforce airguns into sweet shooting tools.

Last when i took a gamo coyote to st john. He mentioned something of the bsa buccaneer. Bsa uses their own barrels and trigger action on a shared pcp platform with gamo

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ok so the BSA R10 mk2 is off the cards. I just got a price for 5.5 black synthetic stock and it’s R20,800 so it’s out the budget sad day indeed

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaadk View Post
    Last when i took a gamo coyote to st john. He mentioned something of the bsa buccaneer. Bsa uses their own barrels and trigger action on a shared pcp platform with gamo
    I have owned a Gamo Coyote/BSA Buccaneer, and currently own a BSA R10 mk2, the Coyote has a BAS hammer forged barrel, but this is the only part it shares, and BSA barrels can be a lottery across the range.
    The R10 shares its mechanism with the Gold star and ultra and the rest of the range, the triggers are totally different to the Coyote,
    If you get a good R10 they are fantastic, very accurate, but some do have regulator problems, but easily remedied with a change to a huma reg.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    The R10 MK2 is a fantastic rifle. I own the 4.5mm version and its shooting JSB Beast 16gr pellets at 23fpe and is very accurate. You cant go wrong with one and you will love it to the ends of the earth.
    Can you tell me your shotcount ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thiel View Post
    Can you tell me your shotcount ?

45 shots from 200 bar down to 100 bar