Thread: Delta Stryker 5-50x56

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Delta Stryker 5-50x56

Dagse,

Is die scope al bespreek hier op die forum?
    Is daar ouens wat hom gebruik?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jong, as 'n man so oud raak soos jy.....kyk liewers na 5-80x60

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Se die ou wat met n pienk bike rond ry.....

Ek het n Delta Stryker 5-50x56 gekoop so week terug. Al wat ek kan se is wow!

HD Glas
    Made in Japan
    34mm tube
    10x zoom ratio
    1/8 MOA verstelling
    Illuminated

Hierdie scope gan verseker baie populer onder die FT skuts raak. Sightron of Kahles 10-50 kom nie eers naby nie....

Prys is hier by R27k rond.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I'm picking up the 4.5 to 30 ffp model soon. Richard Utting at sharpshooting UK gave a review the likes of which I've never heard. Apparently as good as the IOR and Vortex Razor HD 2 in everything but field of view, and that by only a tiny bit. If it's even close to that review it's going to be phenomenal

Protea FT Team '11
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hahaha, using IOR as any kind of reference is actually a joke. Go read about all the "crash & burns" of IOR on Snipershide. LOL. Would not touch an IOR with a 10 foot pole. Have 2 friends here that own 3 of "them paperweights".... One of them (my buddy Jason) was with me at SHOT SHOW, and we had an interesting "chat" with the owner of IOR, who had been "dodging the bullet" by trying to avoid the issue with Jason for almost 3 years now - to say he was embarrassed when standing face to face with Jason, is an understatement. I have never heard so many excuses in the 15 minutes we spoke. LOL

Protea FT Team '11
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAN View Post
    Hierdie scope gan verseker baie populer onder die FT skuts raak. Sightron of Kahles 10-50 kom nie eers naby nie....
    Ian, die "proof of the pudding will be in the eating". Haha. Daar was al baie "supposed Rolls Royce" FT scopes die laaste paar jaar, wat almal maar op een of ander manier nie die mas opgekom het nie - Schmidt & Bender FT, Schmidt & Bender FT II, March (verskeie iterasies waarvan daar ook maar issues is), nou Kahles wat almal dink die "gold standard" is.... Ek is nie so seker nie. Die manne wat almal se gatte skop by Worlds elke jaar, skiet met ou Nikko Diamonds, Sightrons ens.

Ek is bevrees die Delta uit Poland is ook maar net nog a "fad". Niemand het al een vir 'n jaar of twee deeglik getoets in alle toestande om te kyk vir "temp shift" of lig sensitiwiteit ens nie.

Ek sal maar op die kantlyn staan met die een ook, en kyk wat gebeur.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Nou confuss julle my wie/wat/waar is IOR?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Prys is hier by R27k rond.
    Blixem, back in the day het ek R5.5K betaal vir my NS 10-50 en gedink dit is verskriklik baie geld.

Protea FT Team '14/'15/'17
    Ladies World FT Champ '15
    National FT Ladies Champ '13/'14/'15/'16/'17

SAFTAA FT Colours '11/'12/'13

User Info Menu

Sightron of Kahles 10-50 kom nie eers naby nie....
    Ek wil graag weet hoe jy hierdie stelling kan regverdig?

Soos Robbie gese het, niemand het al enige iets vir 2 jaar getoets nie. Hoekom sal ek die net so glo??

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Hahaha, using IOR as any kind of reference is actually a joke. Go read about all the "crash & burns" of IOR on Snipershide. LOL. Would not touch an IOR with a 10 foot pole. Have 2 friends here that own 3 of "them paperweights".... One of them (my buddy Jason) was with me at SHOT SHOW, and we had an interesting "chat" with the owner of IOR, who had been "dodging the bullet" by trying to avoid the issue with Jason for almost 3 years now - to say he was embarrassed when standing face to face with Jason, is an understatement. I have never heard so many excuses in the 15 minutes we spoke. LOL
    Couldn't care less about some guys broken IOR. You can hear similar stories about virtually every scope, or in fact every product ever made. I've read plenty of posts on those forums calling sightron siii glass barely serviceable and the turrets fragile. There are guys in the states that basically believe you either buy Leupold or crap.

Was just talking about glass quality and basic mechanics. IOR uses Schott and their glass is apparently near faultless. Most opinions of the their mechanics are that they are very solid and precise. There were other scopes in that round up in any case. IOR and the Vortex were just those that I remembered off hand. The Delta was simply stated to compare very favorably to all of them at a better price point.

I have no idea what an IOR or Kahles is like to look through. I've looked through Zeiss and March. They are awesome. If it's even in the ballpark at that price I'll be pleased.

Protea FT Team '11
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Couldn't care less about some guys broken IOR.

Was just talking about glass quality and basic mechanics. IOR uses Schott and their glass is apparently near faultless. Most opinions of the their mechanics are that they are very solid and precise.
    Hahaha, Macros.... It's not about "some guy's broken IOR"....It's pretty much about ALL of them. You obviously don't know too much about IOR Valdada and "how solid" they are, or you would not take a few positive reviews that you might have read, as the truth. I merely tried to correct your opinion of IOR so others don't go buy "them crap".

There are countless threads on Snipershide about the bad quality of IOR - by people that OWN and use them - not buy people claiming they're great. Schott glass is used by all reputable scope manufacturers so glass these days is of a lesser issue, and has always been more of a non-issue. Mechanical operation is of far more consequence if it FAILS.

Go read what Frank Galli says about IOR - he is the owner of Snipershide, has a sniper school, and he's a very, very reputable ex US Marine Sniper and arguably one of THE more experienced shooters and reviewers in the world.

Here is HIS opinion on IOR (and he tests pretty much every kind of tactical scope on this earth, and owns dozens of the better ones):

"I will break down IOR for you. Great glass, garbage internals. Scopes aren't spotters. You need internals for tracking.

Tracking, Tracking and Tracking are the top three considerations in a scope.

IOR fails all three of these, the 5 people on this site with an IOR that actually tracks is blind luck. Sure I saw one work over the weekend, but it didn't work any better than any other scope on the line so why bother? For the same money, you can get a trusted brand with a better reputation and customer service you probably won't need.

This is not ancient history, we see them break in classes all the time. However, nowadays you only see 1 IOR per 15 students every other class. Most people have gotten the message that spending this kind of money on a dice roll is not good business. 15 years ago, every IOR Scopes broke, so they earned their crappy reputation, and then some. Not to mention trying to steal the SnipersHide name to promote their scopes after being told to remove it!!! That makes for a long bad history in a community with plenty of competition that does not have a checkered past. I don't have to own one to see them break in my classes, that is as valid as it gets.

The Recon maybe an improvement over the Gen 4 models of the past, but why risk it. Valid information is saving people from making a costly mistake, we just don't like gambling with other people's money to see if they finally got it right. The owners who feel cheated by this site over their reputation are forgetting the fact they earned it, not that we invented it."

And more from Frank on IOR:

Their "SH MP8" reticle is an MP8 reticle I never authorized the use of my (SnipersHide) brand. And that brand is trademarked.

The fact is, people hate the idea that their decision is not accepted by the community. So it becomes an emotional argument to prove their decision was not flawed.

They just can't accept the fact that while it "may work for them" the rest of us do not accept their choice as a good one. By pointing that out it hurts their feelings, they crave acceptance and we continue to deny it.

Anyway, this thread was not about IOR - but I wanted to state how crap IOR really are - if you don't believe me, go read all the threads on SH for yourself.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Okay. All IORs in the whole world are shit - point made. Sorry my choice of comparison gave you a seizure.

Considering this is not what the thread is about I guess that means I don't care about hundreds of guys' broken IORS.

As long as the Delta has good glass and mechanics I'm happy.

Cheers

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So heres my 2c

The Delta is made in Japan. I've had the scope for a while now and tracking etc is still spot on. I believe the value for money on this scope is very good. I owned 2x March-X scopes, 5-50x56 SFP and 5-40 FFP and Ive sold both.
    That should tell you something....

I also owned the 4-28x56 IOR and also sold that...

Go figure

Protea FT Team '18
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

En jy gaan die een ook verkoop. Jy is soos Saxon met airguns.