Thread: Hatsan Model-55

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan Model-55

Hey was jus wondering if any1 can tel me if a silencer could fit on my hatsan mod55...i know that it wont make it much softer but im pretty sure that it would look supercool with a silencer fitted.If one can be fitted then wot would the damage be $$$?

Wot other modifications could i have done to this rifle to improve its shooting ability?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Savage; 04-07-08 at 14:47.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan Model-55

Hey was jus wondering if any1 can tel me if a silencer could fit on my hatsan mod55...i know that it wont make it much softer but im pretty sure that it would look supercool with a silencer fitted.If one can be fitted then wot would the damage be $$$?

Wot other modifications could i have done to this rifle to improve its shooting ability?

Any input would be appreciated.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Those in the know will recommend a lube tune straight away.. as for asthetics, its a pretty good looking rifle as it is. I would buy a scope before a silencer

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanx Grey...ive got a BSA 2-7x32 on it and i love the sniper look that a silencer gives it, thats y i want 1 but im not sure if it will fit onto the rifle...Wot is a lube tune and how does it affect the shooting?Im clues wen it comes to these things yet i love guns.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

SAvage,

the lube tune will quite down a lot of the vibrations that you are feeling during the firing sequence. it helps to "quite" down the rifle and will ultimately increase accuracy due to the reduction in recoil and the increase in consistancy of the rifle during the firing sequence.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well said JTK.

Im not sure if a silencer will fit on that model. As far as I remember it has got the hooded front sight? if that is the case, I do not know if you can take that off to put the silncer over

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanx guys...i will go to gunshop and find out the price of the lube tune.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Savage.. do dome research on the internet. there are info on lube tuning all over.. A gunsmith may ask you a pretty penny.. I see however that you are in CPT. I could help as well. Havent opened up a hatsan before but there is always a 1st time.
    Last edited by JTK; 04-07-08 at 16:23.

Marksman

User Info Menu

lol...hey JTK i have jus come back 4rm 2gunshops and a gunsmith and they had no idea wot lube tuning was ...At 1 gunshop the guy said that if my gun costed under R20000 and was broken i should just throw it away...the cheek...anyway i think i will make a turn by Andre of bargain air rifles and hear if he knows of any1...But does any1 know who does these sort of things in Cape town and how much it will cost??

Marksman

User Info Menu

JTK...wot does one need to do a lube tune???

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Hi Savage. I ask about R350 to do a gamo. that is trigger and lube tune. I am not sure about the hatsan as I have not stripped it down. I would also recommend that if you are technicaly inclined to try yourself cause it is rewarding after the time put in to see the difference. You need the following:

new seal (if you are replacing)
    water paper (emery paper)
    Needle files
    delf stick
    a hone
    drill
    some sort of spring compressor
    some form of velocity tar..
    Moly based grease
    some parrifin
    some meths

and of course the stuff (allan keys skrew drives torx bit) to take your rifle appart.

the instructions too much to put up here

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Hi JTK I want to have a chat with you sometime on some idea I have for a tuning kit that will work for most rifles.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

klink na n plan Jacques!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Hatsan M55 is very simple to do a tune on. There are 2 versions, the Turkish and Brazilian. They are basically the same except for the trigger. The Turkish trigger is based on the record trigger. The Brazilian trigger is a simple blade on to sear system. The tune itself is the same as the Gamo range. General debur and polish. The tophats are quite rough and can do with smoothening out. The pistons aren't bad but a little polishing helps. Polishing of the trigger sear/s (depending on trigger type). BE VERY CAREFUL, too much and the trigger wont hold. I've made a new spring guide for mine but is not necessary.