Thread: Bad Field Target Scores

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Bad Field Target Scores

Just wondering .... Bought CZ200 in January attended 1 club FT in shoot and got something like 12 out of 27 and enjoyed it a LOT. How are more experienced and much metter marksman wiewing this? Would you still enjoy your shoot if you got allocated a marker that shoots this type of score? I know e.g. with golf I can sometimes ruin your round if sombody in the fourball is a total amateur. Does the same apply to FT?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Got 9/20 on my first shoot at Durban Deep last year !
    It's a good thing when your "partner" can challenge you in a shoot but this is not golf, we are much more polite, more relaxed and don't do our sport during working hours.
    Personally not bothered at all, have shot in Wolwehoek and at other shoots with guys who shoot 12/40, doesn't bother me the least !
    Oh and for that score, with time and experience it will get better, take my word for it !

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is all part off the mind game, Mitcheic. That is why you get so many sport phycologists now to try and help the top guys. None for our sport yet.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

heeei, slow down there..............9*s i see

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lewis
    That is all part off the mind game, Mitcheic. That is why you get so many sport phycologists now to try and help the top guys. None for our sport yet.
    not so sure about that...........i think ol' stoffel2 have already started charging shooters for consultation

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I will exchange lessons for pellets(AA). Your first lesson will be on Saturday Urabus.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I still remember my introduction to FT, on Lewis's original range - think I scored 3/20. Woot!
    Anyways - had a blast and still doing it.

If the person you're partnered with is shooting way better, or way worse than yourself - well I reckon it doesn't matter so long as your enjoying yourselves. I should expect the better partner to offer some sound advice to help the other guy though. Good sportsmanship and all that.

That said, I really don't enjoy shooting with someone who's having a bad round, swearing and shouting and moaning about his kit though. Hey if you're not enjoying it then pack up and go home. :

0.02c

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

can't make it this weekend............very sad

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the encouraging words Nielg, guess I will be attending the PTA shoot on Saturday then.

Is somebody offering formal FT coaching to beginners or maybe something informal in exchange for a case of beer or some other monatary compensation?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

can't make it either, extremely sad x) !heart

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Mitcheic- just ask for help at the PTA shoot. They have very competent shooters there that WILL help you for free. Dont think any of us (FT guys) are at the level to charge anything for coaching. Just ask guys like Ziggy or Wian and they will help you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Mitcheic,
    I am going to PTA this w/e and will shoot with you. I don't do much better than you on a good day.