Thread: Which rifle would you pick , GAMO WHISPER-X VAMPIR 3-9X40 or GAMO REPLAY 10 MAXXIM?

Cadet

User Info Menu

Default Which rifle would you pick , GAMO WHISPER-X VAMPIR 3-9X40 or GAMO REPLAY 10 MAXXIM?

I want to buy my first rifle for target shooting, those above are about the same price, the replay is little cheaper. The replay comes with a GAMO 4X32 WR scope and the vampir comes with a 3-9X40 WR VAMPIR scope, which one would you choose and why? Thank you

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

For Gamo I would rather get a under lever with a fix barrel e.g CFX or CFR

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Weihrauch HW50s!!

Protea FT Team '18
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baster Brak View Post
    For Gamo I would rather get a under lever with a fix barrel e.g CFX or CFR
    +100. CFX

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Neither, going to cost you a lot more money at the end of the day, get a LGV from the start, or HW50S

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by motorhead407 View Post
    I want to buy my first rifle for target shooting, those above are about the same price, the replay is little cheaper. The replay comes with a GAMO 4X32 WR scope and the vampir comes with a 3-9X40 WR VAMPIR scope, which one would you choose and why? Thank you
    None of the above.

Rather save a bit more money and buy a better quality rifle to start with.

If you want a break barrel then the Walther LGV Master Pro is good or, for an underlever the LGU is a very good choice.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Agree with the previous guys that have suggested saving a bit longer and getting a better quality rifle.

Life is short, there are so many awesome airrifles to choose from, buy good quality then sell it and try a different brand/model. if you buy a second hand air rifle like AA or HW at a fair price then you should easily offload it after you have had a ton of fun for more or less the same that you bought it for. If you buy a new Gamo, spend the same amount again trying to get it to shoot like a AA or HW then realize you Yearn to own a premium brand, you will then sell it for less than half your investment. Buy once buy right.

Join a club or hook up with a member for a shoot, get to know the guys, try their rifles. Buy rifle, have fun, swear never to sell rifle, sell rifle, pick new lust, repeat....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AYOBA! View Post
    Neither, going to cost you a lot more money at the end of the day, get a LGV from the start, or HW50S
    I agree, get the LGV, If you buy something that's not worth shooting for longer than year, then rather spend a few months saving. You will shoot the LGV as long as it lasts.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by madness View Post
    Weihrauch HW50s!!
    +100 50s
    In that price class you can also look at the Diana 34.

Diana 34 Classic Profesional 4.5mm - Pellet Gun
    Weihrauch HW50S 4.5MM - Pellet Gun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madness View Post
    Weihrauch HW50s!!
    +100 50s
    In that price class you can also look at the Diana 34.

Diana 34 Classic Profesional 4.5mm - Pellet Gun
    Weihrauch HW50S 4.5MM - Pellet Gun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HawkI View Post
    Agree with the previous guys that have suggested saving a bit longer and getting a better quality rifle.

Life is short, there are so many awesome airrifles to choose from, buy good quality then sell it and try a different brand/model. if you buy a second hand air rifle like AA or HW at a fair price then you should easily offload it after you have had a ton of fun for more or less the same that you bought it for. If you buy a new Gamo, spend the same amount again trying to get it to shoot like a AA or HW then realize you Yearn to own a premium brand, you will then sell it for less than half your investment. Buy once buy right.

Join a club or hook up with a member for a shoot, get to know the guys, try their rifles. Buy rifle, have fun, swear never to sell rifle, sell rifle, pick new lust, repeat....

Listen to good advice........

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu