Thread: Swapping air cylinders on Air Arms

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Swapping air cylinders on Air Arms

I want to swap from my current High popwer cuylinder to the smaller low power cylinder, how do I release the pressure in the cylinder and remove it. The reason I want to do this is because I rarely use my rifle for FT anymore and want to fit it with my moderator again.

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

you got to shoot the air our boet... then the loosen the figure of eight color, then the cylinder can unscrew...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ta, thanks jason...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

While I am about it what will need to be done to convert it to HP...maybe .20?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Loads and loads of "R"

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

about how much "R"

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Put a 20c piece in the end cap and screw in slowly. This may only work on the older guns as I think the newer ones have a different refill system.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Are you selling the other cylinder? looking for one for my carbine.

REP: Air Rifle Pros

User Info Menu

Will only work on the old models!

Ensure that you get a competent Gunsmith to turn the .20 Barrel down to 12mm as well as modifying the other related components.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Pixie,
    there is an easier way to get the air out, but it is not for the in-experienced !

safest is to shoot out the air.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

The method I use is to back the male inlet connector of its seal and allow the air to dump that way.

This can be done with both the older 'ball detente' type connector by using a spanner to crack it off the bonded seal or with the new push fit design again use a spanner across the milled flats to back it off slightly until the seal lets go.

If done cautiously both of these methods are quick and effective. With the new style connector ensure that you don't inadvertantly cut the o-ring when tightening the connector back down.

Also do not attempt to fully remove either connector until the reservoir has drained fully.

If you are going to fit a new barrel it doesn't need to be turned to 12mm o/d - that is a lot of machining. I have successfully fitted a 16mm o/d barrel to one of my S400's - only the breech needs to be machined to fit the brass seal carrier and to fit into the barrel aperture on the breech block. At the front use the FAC fig8 barrel clamp as this is designed for a 16mm shroud, so will accept a 16mm barrel just as easily.

Converting an S400 to shoot high power is not necessarily going to cost a lot of money, however it does require a bit of skill and understanding. Pixie if you wish to e-mail me I can explain the mods I have done in the past that have worked well, but I won't accept responsibility if you aren't skilled enough to do them...........
    Last edited by Dale; 11-07-08 at 09:11.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale, post them here.