Thread: SPA P12 5.5mm built in regulator Adjustment

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default SPA P12 5.5mm built in regulator Adjustment

Hi Guys

Does anyone know, and willing to share on how to ajust the built in regulator on a P12 5.5mm PCP.? Maybe have some tips on getting the most out of it?

Eager to hear the responses....

Jimmy

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Well, seems as if no one on the forum can give advice regarding the regulator.

What I have done today was remove the built in regulator. Without it its shooting very hot! 1055 fps with 18.13gr JSB's. Will play around with the normal mods to try and tame the beast.

Does anyone know if there are any lighter hammer springs available yet in SA?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi Jip, also keen to find out if the built-in regulator can be adjusted. I know there is posts on this group on how to improve shotcount and consistency on the P12's without the reg via other mods...somewhere.

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjp View Post
    Well, seems as if no one on the forum can give advice regarding the regulator.

What I have done today was remove the built in regulator. Without it its shooting very hot! 1055 fps with 18.13gr JSB's. Will play around with the normal mods to try and tame the beast.

Does anyone know if there are any lighter hammer springs available yet in SA?

Count the coils, check the length and width and let me know. Im almost certain i have springs for them.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks Rashaad. Will do so asap.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Update: took the regulator and cleand it out a bit. Ajusted it to shoot 10 fps faster. Put it back in the p12 and ajusted the hammer spring a bit more in.(set the tension a bit higher). Hammer bounce is a bit less due to this and I am getting in the 20 something shots per fill. Will do a bit of testing and will report back on results.

REP: Froggy Custom Silencers

User Info Menu

What fps are you getting with 18gr pellets and how is the accuracy?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Have not shot too much after cleaning, new seals and lube but shoots ave 850 fps with jsb 18.13gr pellets with regulator. About 25 shots With only 23 m to test with and shooting roughly 5 shot 10mm grouping ctc.

Will need to take it out to 50m to do some decent testing and will give some more feedback.