User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

So I recently had the fortune/misfortune of shooting a PCP. It has re-stoked the fire to shoot again and therefore am looking to pass on my springers and get a decent PCP setup. If I don't get what I'm looking for, I'd rather keep them.
    The HW 80 is all of 5 months old. Have the slips. It is shooting amazingly, but is a bit much for my needs. Having said that I did recently shoot a pesty crow at 76 yards and dropped it with this gun. Included is a Titan XS (UK) Teflon coated spring(Not currently installed). Quite a bit of work has been done to it including a trigger polish (All sears), new spring guide (Fits the spring perfectly) and lube (Moly paste) from TinBum Tuning in the UK. A really pleasant gun to shoot that packs some serious punch.
    Included is a Hawke 3-9 x 40 AO scope which I think suits it well. At 9x mag you get 97 yds on the last mil-dot which is about as far as you would want to shoot with a springer.

HW 80 5.0mm/ .20 cal. - R8500

LGV 4.5mm

The second rifle I have had for some time (I think 5 years). The late Vince tuned it and did a trigger job on it. This thing still shoots so well, and as time goes on has shot even better for me. This is a very well known rifle on this forum, and I don't need to bore you with details. Suffice to say, it has all been taken apart, polished until it resembled a mirror, moly lubed and put back together.
    There is light pitting on the barrel, but besides that it's in perfect condition.
    This gun has a brand new Hawke 3-9 x 40 on it. Also suits the gun well.

Feel free to PM or comment here for more information. Postage as always is for the buyers account.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Mike what brand of pellets do you use and what kind velocity do you get from this rifle ?
    You cannot teach an old dog new tricks maybe he knows them already

2005: Protea team member enter fire benchrest world championships USA
    2007: Protea team member centerfire benchrest world championships Austria
    2000 to 2008: Western Province BR center fire team member

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi there, do you have the original sights and muzzle brake for the rifles?
    All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.......

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

So the rifle is doing around 900fps with H&N FTT which it seems to like. Ragged one hole groups if you shoot it well at 20 yards and the group obviously spreads out a bit at further range. I'm by no means a great shot, but I find it quite easy to shoot well. At least on par with the LGV. LGV might be ever so slightly easier to shoot accurately.

I have the sights for the HW, but somewhere along the way misplaced the sights and muzzle break for the LGV. I feel like for both rifles it is unnecessary as they really do come into their own with a scope mounted. Both have hawke low profile one piece mounts and the scopes mentioned in the ad.

Whoever buys either of these rifles will not be sorry they did. I love them to bits but can't justify 3 rifles along with the bows, MX bikes and plethora of other toys I own. Time to declutter!

User Info Menu

LGV Provisionally Sold to Airwarrior. HW 80 still available.